Am I too sensitive?

Thank you to everyone and your supportive words. Your words of encouragement have given me the proper perspective on this. What a blessing I have found in this community! May God bless you for your kindness.

1 Like

I’d suggest looking up Blessed is She groups and St. Gregory’s Pockets. Might require a drive but it could be a good fresh start.

Don’t worry about. Some people are like that. I have four sisters. Two of them I get along great with, one I see on occasion and one is just plain mean. That’s how she is. I can’t worry about her.

How should I respond if family member asks what I thought about this other mother? Should I be honest or just sugar coat it?

Perhaps both, “Oh Suzie? I have no idea. She seemed nice enough but we didn’t get to speak. It seemed like she was preoccupied talking to the others.”

4 Likes

What’s that old saying?
We wouldn’t worry so much about what people thought of us if we only realized how seldom they do??? Or something like that. I think I read it here and thought it was very accurate.

Forget about it. It’s not worth the brain cells.

Wow! I like that! I have to remember when I’m out of sight, I’m out of mind. I’m not as important as I think I am! Just because I obsess in thought DOES NOT mean others do the same. Thanks for the reminder!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.