Am I worthy of Mother Mary

I like to visualise the Mysteries, as I’m praying the Rosary.
And in each setting, I like to think of what Mary is doing at that time.
But when ask Mary “pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death” I see her, she stops doing what she’s doing, just to pray for me.

I feel unworthy, asking the Queen of the greatest Kingdom, to stop and take time to pray for me.

Mother Mary would give you a big hug and tell you she loves you and not to worry.

We’re all unworthy. But she loves us so much that she helps us anyway!

You are overthinking this. ‘No one can live continually in sin and continue to say the Rosary: either they will give up sin or they will give up the Rosary’ - Bishop Hugh Doyle

She does not exist in the constraints of time. She is outside of time. She has all the time in the world. And if she can hear our prayers, then it is by God’s power, not hers. Therefore He wants her to hear our prayers and pray for us.

you shouldn’t feel “unworthy”

Mary wants to help us pathetic hairless apes whom God has granted with an immortal soul

She offers so much; She asks so little

We’re not “pathetic hairless apes.”

We’re the children of God, created in His image. We are the pinnacle of His creation, endowed with an immortal soul, made to love God and be loved by Him. Every unique human soul is precious in God’s eyes.

@Edy Yes, we are unworthy because of our sin. But Jesus has redeemed us and made us worthy to come boldly before Him with our requests. Jesus delights in our prayers. And His mother delights in bringing our prayers to Him and helping guide us to Her Son.

Don’t be afraid to pray to her. You’re not interrupting her…she loves you and every one of us. Don’t despair…the time you spend meditating on the mysteries is like bringing roses to lay at her feet.

How come we aren’t both?

Don’t worry. She’s still human.

thank you ; i am inspired by that post

None of us is worthy.
That is part of her greatness. She wants to hear from us even though we are not worthy.

Congratulations, you are now the Prince of Heaven! :cloud::sunny::cloud:

You are now officially worthy of the Queen of Heaven! :crown: :full_moon_with_face: :crown:

:cross:

We’re definitely pathetic, and can do nothing good of ourselves; anything worthwhile we do comes through the assistance of God.

This most assuredly, I may truly think and say: Lord I am nothing, I can do nothing of myself, that is good, but I am in all things defective and ever tend to nothing.

• Thomas a Kempis, “Imitation of Christ”

Sounds like you have an amazing relationship with the Blessed Mother. Seems like a reason to rejoice rather than worry.

I was referring more to the part about us being “hairless apes.” Of course, we can do nothing good apart from God’s grace working in us.

The majesty of saints is not the same as worldly majesty where someone is up a throne and then bothered if someone asks for something. It is an exultation of her position to help you. That is why we say “Rejoice mother of God!”

So do I. And we are definitely not worthy. But you can still pray.

It’s a motherly instinct to want to care for her children. Be at peace.

@Edy

Mary is in communion with God in Heaven and God’s will is her will. Her mission from God is to be your mother. She has already been loving you and praying for you ceaselessly from the instant you were conceived, even if you were to spend your entire life not knowing who she is, or knowing but being opposed to Marian Doctrines your entire life.

We become more receptive to God’s graces we when invoke her name. This makes her extremely happy. Prayer opens the door of our soul. When we pray, even if it’s thousands of utterances a day, we are never actually initiating the conversation. We are always responding.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.