Amazon Catholic-Protestant discussion cont

I noticed that after seeing your post and changed it back. When I clicked to post, it said Nov 10 and then went up Nov 17. Yikes! What’s up with that since I got it straight off the website.:blush: (I get the Daily Readings in my email.)

Readings for the Memorial of Saint Martin of Tours, Bishop - November 11, 2017:

+++++++

Reading 1: Rom 16:3-9, 16, 22-27;

Responsorial Psalm: Ps 145:2-3, 4-5, 10-11;

Alleluia: 2 Cor 8:9;

Gospel: Lk 16:9-15.

+++++++

—Which word/ phrase/ image speaks to your heart?
—How will you respond and apply God’s words to your life?

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/_INDEX

I only see the thumbs up here, so far…

then again its nice to have a break from some people.

Definitely is a breath of clean air.

Readings for the Thirty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time - November 12, 2017:

+++++++

Reading 1: Wis 6:12-16;

Responsorial Psalm: Ps 63:2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8;

Reading 2: 1 Thes 4:13-18 or 1 Thes 4:13-14;

Alleluia: Mt 24:42a, 44;

Gospel: Mt 25:1-13.

+++++++

True…

I definitely don’t miss the nonsense. And it does make me wonder if that was part of why Amazon shut it down.

But I do miss some of the posters there. That said, some of the best apologists there are now posting here, which is definitely a blessing.

I dont think that had anything to do with why Amazon shut it down. I think that they felt that the cost of monitoring and maintaining was not being offset by whatever products were being sold as a result of the threads… Someone occasionallly might say they read a book and others would buy it but evidently not enough to offset the costs. I don;t think they were taking into account that the many people who participated in the Amazon threads were more likely to then purchase things from Amazon as they were on the site anyway.
Some of the others weren;t that bad I guess but a few of them were that bad.

That’s true…

I’m not there (almost) every day the way I used to be, that’s for sure.

Yes, many of the products I purchased or learned about were a result of the Amazon Discussion Forums. Along with a lot of advice and support from folks during very difficult times.

Nor am I. The last thing I bought there was a bed support rail and only because it was lower in price than Walmart. My Amazon shopping has really diminished since the forums stopped.

Hey KC, great to see you here! I’m just now checking in and saw your post. I hope things are going well for you.

Readings for the Memorial of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini, Virgin - November 13, 2017:

+++++++

Reading 1: Wis 1:1-7;

Responsorial Psalm: Ps 139:1b-3, 4-6, 7-8, 9-10;

Alleluia: Phil 2:15d, 16a;

Gospel: Lk 17:1-6.

+++++++

Reesey

Hanging in there - same old same old. hope you’re well.

Glad to hear you’re hanging in there. It’s much the same with me. I’m actually feeling quite a bit better since I’ve not been reading the constant daily barrage of anti-Catholic nonsense we were hit with on the Amazon threads. It was really starting to get to me - I never even realized how much until it ended. I do, however, miss the wonderful rational discussions we had with some of the posters over there - Catholic and non-Catholic. Alan in particular.

Take care!

Hi, Reesey

Ditto, ditto to your post; and glad to hear from you!

Readings for Tuesday of the Thirty-second Week in Ordinary Time - November 14, 2017:

+++++++

Reading 1: Wis 2:23–3:9;

Responsorial Psalm: Ps 34:2-3, 16-17, 18-19;

Alleluia: Jn 14:23;

Gospel: Lk 17:7-10.

+++++++

I sometimes forget that there, you were “Theresa”, with an H. :blush:

Someone else there had the name before me, so I had to settle ; )

The level of hate and hostilities is one thing that made me leave - for my physical, mental and emotional health. (They couldn’t rattle me spiritually.) Still, I miss the forums. But I’m saving more money by not being on Amazon as much.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.