Amazon Catholic-Protestant discussion cont

No problem! Wouldn’t be the first time. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks! Lol

2 Likes

I wonder how theyre doing as well…

2 Likes

We wouldnt be able to have those discussions in quite the same way here…but miss some folks anyway.

2 Likes

:heartpulse: colliefan, even tho he DEFINITELY wasnt a member of the posse!

2 Likes

Hi Lily!

Hope you’re feeling better too. And that’s a lotta lucky kitties! :blush:

2 Likes

They may have followed us here. And they may now be permanently banned.
Earlier in the year, I posted sincere answers to a thread here and was met immediately by pushback. (Did they recognize a similar username?) Anyway, I didn’t stand down but continued politely with the truth I’d been taught regarding Church teaching. They must have called in the troops and I was flagged, and then banned a couple days. Others were as well. Another poster pm’d to console me and explain that it wasn’t me but that there were two women who often bullied anyone who disagreed with them. Anyway, the thread was pulled after I left because it became so hostile! I declared never to return; but here I am, again.

2 Likes

Omigoodness…

I had no idea!

1 Like

How could they ban YOU???

2 Likes

Yes. I do miss some dear people; those of good will. God bless them all.

1 Like

I am so sorry…

I can’t believe this could happen to you.

2 Likes

Definitely…

I wonder about others. Hope they’re ok, although I definitely do not understand them. Also pray for them…

1 Like

I guess it was more like ‘suspension’; not expulsion. lol
I was crushed. But so comforted by the fellow poster who bothered to let me know about them. Anyway, I don’t see those posters around, but perhaps they’ve changed their usernames. Their rxn though was so quick and almost visceral that I wondered if they recognized me from another forum? Oh, well. Doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

It’s been good ‘seeing’ you both and I hope to check in again soon.
Until then, stay well; and many blessing to you both!

2 Likes

Wow…

Well, I’m sorry I didn’t know, but glad that you’re alright!

0 Likes

Oh, please check in when you can! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Don’t know if this will be helpful, but I think it’s a link to multiple threads here that you can choose from…but it looks like it involves the scrolling through a lot of threads.

And please keep me posted:

https://forums.catholic.com

1 Like

Teresa, here is one.

2 Likes

This one is better.

@teresa63 the discussions on Viganò are in the ‘World News’ section of the site which isn’t listed in the main channel.

2 Likes

lilypadres, I did read the third letter of Vigano and thought it was most compelling and believable. The early and final paragraphs, in particular, attest to his well-formed conscience and keen sense of obligation to God as both disciple and shepherd. These reveal a man of integrity whose primary consideration is for the loss of souls, including his own, and a personal conviction to live in harmony with his vows of ordination. It’s a matter of salvation. He’s a whistleblower. His opposition is powerful, and fierce. I regard him as a living martyr for the good of our Church. (And I don’t believe his actions are unrelated to the resignation of PB16.)

I believe that Christians in all places and times are called to choose (always with the help of grace) between following the Word of God or the words of the worldly culture. Today, our strongly secularized western culture has mainly lost the sense of sin but, as Catholic Christians, we should know what God has revealed about sin. And, if confirmed, we must always be prepared to profess both His perfect judgement along with His perfect mercy.

Many of our shepherds (including some from the top tiers of hierarchy) have been shamelessly scattering God’s flock instead of uniting and protecting them. But I firmly believe that Ab Vigano should rightfully be applauded for his courage. He has been the answer to the prayers of many.

3 Likes

ABP Vigano writes third letter
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.