'America' apologizes for omission in Francis interview

In its historic 12,000-word interview with Pope Francis released last week, America magazine “inadvertently” omitted a sentence from the pope’s comments about the role of women in the church, the magazine’s editor-in-chief said.

When Jesuit Fr. Antonio Spadaro asked Francis, “What should be the role of women in the church?”, Francis replied, “'It is necessary to broaden the opportunities for a stronger presence of women in the church.” This sentence was left out of the English translation of the interview America published. The sentence appears in the original Italian article and in the French, German and Spanish translations.

ncronline.org/news/vatican/america-apologizes-omission-francis-interview

I’d like to see more female Jimmy Akins out there. :smiley:

I dunno - large, bearded, square-dance-calling women aren’t all that common. :smiley:

:rotfl:

:clapping: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup:

True, but on the other hand, they’d be great at bringing more attention to apologetics!

This visual image will take a long time to get rid of!

It’s GREAT to see folks with a sense of humor!!!
We need that so much today. God Bless, Memaw

NICE!!!
It’s the same thing, almost word for word, that he said in the interview on the plane!

Thanks for posting, gracepoole!

My visual image or Monkey’s? Because I’m still chuckling about his. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.