America Needs Fatima

I recently received a confirmaation receipt in the mail along with a beautiful picture of our lady.
Also a letter from Fr. Kenneth Brighenti
Is this a better group should I respond?

America needs Fatimais the address name
Also received address labels did anyone else> Should I use them?
Dessert

Hi,

I’ve known America Needs Fatima for over 20 years. It’s a project of Tradition, Family and Property – TFP. As lay Catholics, I can assure you that they are faithful to the Magisterium of the Holy Catholic Church and do great work to spread devotion to Our Lady of Fatima.

They are supported by Cardinals and bishops:
tfp.org/who_we_are/what_they_say.html

And here:
Bishops’ Support for TFP Protests Against The Da Vinci Code
tfp.org/davincicode/support/bishop_support.htm

Hope this helps.

God bless!
John

Yes thanks the link does help and it all seems very scriptural and along with the Church teachings.
I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful picture.
Dessert

I believe that Fr. Kenneth Brighenti is one of the co-authors of “Catholicism for Dummies”, and is often featured on EWTN.

consider participating in the 1000 PUblic Square Rosaries all across the US on Sat. Oct. 13, anniversary of the miracle of the sun at Fatima, several groups from our parish will be participating, led by the youth group, and we are now getting outside groups around the diocese to join us, including CUF chapter. contact is www.TFP.org/anf
anf@TFP.org email

this is the same group that organized the nationwide protest at theaters on the opening day of DaVinci code (in which we also participated).

We always pray the rosary after daily and I attend on Sat 8 am and then we pray for peace and hope in the world against abortion and for the clergy so we will be praying at 8;30 am (central) that day, what is the special prayer I should mark as we have a big book on its stand that we also write our prayers and I keep my own intentions book open and mark it that day as I feel the Lord wants.
There is about 50 + that attend on saturdays.
Dessert
I sent an e-mail:thumbsup:

I received them the address labels and pictures, and have used them. I have not sent money.

Just got this in my inbox:

How will you commemorate the 90th Anniversary of the Fatima Message?
Imagine one thousand or more rallies across America in public places. Faithful Catholics carry banners mentioning Our Lady of Fatima and her message. They gather together young and old to pray the rosary. They offer public witness to a message so often ignored.
To commemorate the 90th anniversary of Fatima, America Needs Fatima will be promoting “public square” rosary rallies across the nation. The rallies are now starting and will culminate with a thousand or more such events on October 13, the 90th anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun.

Locally, you can take part in this blessed event at St. Michael’s Media!

When: October 13, 2007, 11:30 am

Where: 22007 Woodward Avenue, Ferndale, MI 48220

For more information contact: Debbie Stewart, 248-529-6753 or visit www.tfp.org

~Liza

Frankly,
whether “America Needs Fatima” is officially approved or not,
what they are DOING is VERY beneficial.
If they are sponsoring a day of public prayer of the Rosary,
GO FOR IT !!!
God bless,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

It is VERY important that they receive approval before we participate, do you no tthink?

It is VERY important that they receive approval before we participate, do you no tthink?

We are talking about public recitation of the Rosary to the Glory of God, not about attending Masses at schismatic chapels.
That, for instance, would be something we would need Church approval to do. Public recitation of the Rosary needs no approval whatsoever. God doesn’t demand that you get your bishop’s or priest’s approval before you pray. Go for it.

Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

So, you don’t think there would be a problem with me reciting a public rosary with the Gruner gang et al? Do not my action of being with them a sign of my collaboration with them?

America Needs Fatima is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. It is a front for raising funds for the “Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family, and Property” organization which is indeed a cult. It started in Brazil, has been condemned by the National Council of Brazilian Bishops as a cult, and breaks Canon Law 219. The founder, Dr. Plinio Correa De Oliveira, claimed (he’s now deceased) to have a “private prophetic charism” and could tell a boy’s vocation, or what he called “tao” by looking at his face. He would then select young boys to be “Our Lady’s Warrior Monks” which the group considers to be a higher vocation than that of the married life or even the priesthood :eek: Members do not attend Mass, but rather gather outside saying “rapid fire rosaries” until it’s time for Holy Communion. They refer to those who faithfully participate in Mass “White Heretics”. Some members will even go so far as to replace the words of the Hail Mary with Plinio’s name instead of Jesus and his mom, Donna Lucilla, instead of Mary. The group was also condemned by the Brazillian Bishops for “abuse of the Holy Name of Mary”.

PLEASE do NOT give money to this group! By all means, please do gather to say the Rosary on October 13, but do not do it in the name of “America Needs Fatima.” They try to show how good they are (heck, I just found out about this and had their pictures up in my house!), they use quotes from wonderful Saints and promote devotion to Our Lady of Fatima, which is a wonderful devotion. But all the funds raised go directly to the TFP, which is a cult and which we faithful Catholics should NOT be supporting. They are VERY deceptive!!

If any of you get “The Fatima Crusader” magazine from this group, you can see the article about the boys being taken away to be prepped as the bogus “Warrior Monks”.

unitypublishing.com/NewReligiousMovements/FatimaCult.html
unitypublishing.com/Apparitions/FATHER%20NICHOLAS%20GRUNER.html

America Needs Fatima is using the rosary rallies as free publicity to the good Catholics who they rely on for funding. :nope:

Don’t participate in their rallies–make your own! :thumbsup:

Thank you! Hence the need for approval from the Churh before participating!

Well, I’m not so sure. I had remembered seeing this on EWTN just the other day:

American Needs Fatima
Question from Ruth on 9/7/2007:

We are seeking guidance as it relates to an organization that has had some issues with being misaligned with the Catholic church. We are getting mixed messages and need to know the truth. The main organization is TFP or The Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property (TFP). There is a secondary organization aligned with this one and they go by the name “America Needs Fatima”. They travel to homes of Catholics and talk about Fatima and then ask for donations. I was told that these organizations are condemned by the Catholic church. I have also heard that they are aligned with the Catholic church. Can you please let me know the stance of the Catholic church on these organizations, especially America Needs Fatima. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Sincerely, Ruth

Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 9/8/2007:
Ruth, I can’t endorse TFP and its major apologetic current apostolate, America Needs Fatima, too highly. The organization began in Brazil,had some difficulty with its Cardinal at that time. All that is past history. I do all that I can to encourage the TFP. God bless you. Fr. Bob Levis

So who do I believe? Fr. Levis at EWTN, or Unity Publishing?

Fr Lewis seems to be speaking with forked tongue here…am I reading him right?

This link was also on Unity Publishing. . .it seems a little. . .bizarre?
unitypublishing.com/NewReligiousMovements/MindControlNWO.htm

TFP is a very deceptive organization. I also thought it was good until a few days ago. I don’t blame Fr. Levis for seeing America Needs Fatima quoting all those great saints and selling those great books and showing up to all the big Catholic events, and thinking they’re good. But I personally trust the **National Council of Brazillian Bishops when they denounce TFP as a cult **:eek: I’m sure if Fr. Levis were aware of this he would not be endorsing it so readily.

Even the TFP itself published an article about the boys taken away to have a vocation forced down their throats, a direct violation of Canon Law 219! How do you explain that?

But isn’t there a difference between the Brazilian TFP and the American TFP?

I was looking at the American TFP website, and they have many articles by the self-proclaimed Dr. (he never wrote a dissertation, but had a bachelor of arts degree) Plinio. Although I’m guessing the American TFP may not be as radical as the Brazilian one, that seems to indicate that it’s based off of the condemned Brazilian cult. Who knows where the funds truly go. I shudder to think that any money I donated went to deceiving young boys into a false vocation. :frowning: So sad.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.