American Music Awards Assaults Viewers with Simulated Sex Acts, S&M Themes, and Non-Stop Expletives

[/FONT]** [FONT=arial] [FONT=arial][size=5] American Music Awards[/size]**

Raunchy Performance at AMAs Has Adam Lambert On Defense

Adam Lambert shocked and surprised the American Music Awards Sunday night with what some viewers deemed a “lewd” performance of the title track of his newly-released debut album, "For Your Entertainment."
The “American Idol” runner-up pelvic-thrusted his way through the four-minute, S&M-themed routine, taking time out from singing to grope a female dancer, kiss a male musician and, most shockingly, shove a male dancer’s face into his crotch, in an act that simulated fellatio.

more…

sadly, this is what I've come to expect, and why I don't watch that stuff anymore. On the upside, even some of the msm agreed that it went too far.

My husband and I heard that Adam Lambert was trying to outdo Britney Spears. Out of morbid curiousity, we watched a recording of his AMA performance. So wrong on so many levels. We shut it off. Sure, he’s got a good, Broadway type of voice, but he won’t get any attention from us. Blech!

His defense was 'well if Madonna and Britney can do it, why can't a gay man?'. I think he must have missed the memo that it's always been poor taste. :rolleyes:

For those interested in viewing the video, the only place I have been able to locate it here:
rickey.org/?p=28121

Obviously, the video is inappropriate. I'm not sure what the rest of the website is like, so browse at your own risk.

Adam Lambert Refuses to Apologize for Risque AMA Performance

Adam Lambert admits he got carried away with his sexually charged American Music Awards performance, but he’s offering no apology.
The glam rocker from “American Idol” said on “The Early Show” that his performance would not have caused as much controversy if he weren’t openly gay. He also said there were other “adult” moments on the show that caused no outrage.
“I admit I did get carried away, but I don’t see anything wrong with it,” he said Wednesday. “I do see how people got offended and that was not my intention. My intention was to interpret the lyrics of my song and have a good time with it.”

more…

And water is wet. :wink:

Um…I mean no disrespect, but that happened on SUNDAY. Today is Wednesday, nearly half a week later, and your source is from secondhand org - not from you directly. Did you just suddenly decide to get outraged three days later? More pertinently, would you yourself have been outraged about this if you didn’t get some “chain e-mail” about it, would you have even known it happened?

It would be nice if more of this outrage came from the offended people themselves and not from some secondhand source ‘egging them’ on to get shocked about it. This is EXACTLY why “Modern Family” (also on ABC) was already renewed for a 2nd season and why “Cougar Town” would have been renewed if it weren’t for that show’s lead actress’ family emergency: ABC, or whoever, sees the “outrage” coming in a few days later, a few weeks or even months in some cases, and correctly presume, “Oh, it’s just another letter-writing campaign from people who don’t know what they’re outraged about.”

no, I wouldn’t have known that it happened, because I don’t watch stuff like this. Maybe I just read about it today. But you know what? I should be mad, and I should be boycotting those companies that advertise on shows like this. Whether I watch them or not, this garbage is being advertised to my kids and I sure as heck don’t want THEM watching it.

As for the secondhand source, I believe a link to the source has to be provided in this forum.

A really good way to protest is to buy that sweet heart Susan Boyle's album instead of his.

This is one reason-among many-that I don’t have TV on at home.

And these so-called ‘entertainers’ (?) look so grubby. I guess it’s the ‘shock value’ of it.

One more example of our so-called ‘culture’ going downhill…

If I was married and had kids, I wouldn’t let them watch this garbage, much less let them buy it.

They call this ‘music’? :blush: :rolleyes: It sure ‘aint’ ! :frowning: :mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.