American Psychiatric Association calls for end to ‘arm chair’ psychiatry amid Trump speculation

Fortunately, this doesn’t apply to laypeople who are still free to give us all the benefit of their inexperience in diagnosing mental illness.

2 Likes

S[quote=“ucfengr, post:1, topic:466186”]
Fortunately, this doesn’t apply to laypeople who are still free to give us all the benefit of their inexperience in diagnosing mental illness.
[/quote]
Yes,those very people suffering from their own mental condition Trump Derangement Syndrome😜

2 Likes

Your laypersons armchair diagnosis. :rofl:

I agree with this. I don’t find such speculation helpful.

What would you term the most excessive,relentless ranting and outrage that occurs daily from those whose viscerally dislike of Trump impels them to behave in such a way? It isn’t normal or healthy😱

1 Like

It’s better in my opinion if he won’t plead insanity when Mueller confronts him, if he does.

I recall once asking a psychologist friend of mine whether there really is any difference between a person with a personality disorder and an ordinary “a**hole”. He thought about it for a bit and replied: “no, there really isn’t.”

Understanding that the question was somewhat in jest and the response was at least somewhat in jest as well, there really isn’t a whole lot of difference.

Similarly, I don’t know that “Trump Derangement Syndrome” is anything other than ordinary hatred for the man. (Yes, DVDJS, I know you’ll make some comment about “hate”)

So the philosophical question. Should one’s feelings for a person change once that person is elected into office?

yep. …

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.