America's Right goes green BBC...Envornmentalism becoming conservative cause

Here’s another great article on BBC :slight_smile:

America’s Right goes green

:thumbsup: About time!

[quote=Philip P]:thumbsup: About time!
[/quote]

This is a win-win situation for “both sides of the aisle”…

cheers

Always was a conservative cause.

The Green Party is more interest in nationalizing the Fortune 100 and promoting radical equalitarianism than protecting the environment.

No accident Earth Day is on Lenin’s birthday.

From an article on KGB Major General Oleg Danilovich Kalugin recent speech at the University of Delaware:

“We appealed to pacifists and told them, ‘You cannot have peace unless you stop the internal situation of the U.S.,’” he said. “We got environmentalists and told them, ‘Capitalists spend any amount of money even if it does destroy your precious nature.’ Well, at the time, the Soviet Union was the most polluted country in the world,” he joked.

“Kalugin listed several astonishing facts from a classified KGB report, proving just how much the organization is committed to counterintelligence. He said that in 1981 the KGB reported that they had funded or supported 70 books, 66 feature and documentary films, more than 100 television stations, 4,865 articles in magazines or newspapers, 300 conferences or exhibitions and 170,000 lectures around the world.”

And that is where many Americans got the deluded notion eroding property rights, attacking corporations and massive government programs were the way to protect and enhance the environment.

I haven’t investigated the green party specifically, but unfortunately, the Republican party has often viewed enviornmental regulations as interfering with the interests of big business and has historically blocked any legislation to protect our rivers, streams, forests and the air we breathe. That is a historical fact.

The fact that there might be a few extremists in the enviornmental movement doesn’t prove a thing. I’m glad to see that conservatives are now realizing that it’s a very conservative thing to conserve our enviornment.

…anything you say!

A few extremists in environmental Groups? There are hundreds of thousands and they are well funded.

The movement is corrupt to the core. Lawyers run the Sierra club and milk the cause for all they can get. I hope no one ever runs across Super Fund as I did. Sold out and left. There was no way to fight the lawyers. Did they ever clean anything up? Nope. They just wrecked people.

[quote=WhiteDove]I haven’t investigated the green party specifically, but unfortunately, the Republican party has often viewed enviornmental regulations as interfering with the interests of big business and has historically blocked any legislation to protect our rivers, streams, forests and the air we breathe. That is a historical fact.

The fact that there might be a few extremists in the enviornmental movement doesn’t prove a thing. I’m glad to see that conservatives are now realizing that it’s a very conservative thing to conserve our enviornment.
[/quote]

A couple of years ago, there was the disasterous Aspin Fire in New Mexico. The Area Forester had been trying to get that forest thinned (it was second-growth) and get the dry fuel off the ground. She had been blocked by one “Environmentalist” lawsuit after another.

Too often “environmental regulations” are not aimed at the good of the environment, but pander to radical ideological positions. This often results (as in the case of the Aspin Fire) in severe environmental damage.

LOL, you guys are typical ideologues, there’s no point in discussing this further. Good day… :slight_smile:

That’s right Vern and David, let’s focus on attacking your political opponents rather than celebrating a win-win situation for everyone. Geez.

[quote=WhiteDove]I haven’t investigated the green party specifically, but unfortunately, the Republican party has often viewed enviornmental regulations as interfering with the interests of big business and has historically blocked any legislation to protect our rivers, streams, forests and the air we breathe. That is a historical fact.

[/quote]

Actually, the conservative have always supported responsible and practical environmental policies not the radical policies of the environmental radicals.

PF

Anyone who thinks that Republicans are pro-environment are seriously deluded. George W’s environmental track record is absolutley horrible. He is more a friend to the logging and oil industries than he is to God’s earth.

Pete

…it’s all about oil my friends… from one end of the globe to the other…:thumbsup:

http://supergrass.densitron.net/diary5/losangeles/derek.jpg

Oh Lord, not them too!

Conservatives have always cared for the environment but not the bad science scaremongering that the “environmental” movement resorts to. They use bad science and bad statistics to advance an agenda that is only tangentially environmental.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.