Amsterdam's gay Christmas has a Mary in drag

msnbc.msn.com/id/28337881/

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - Amsterdam hosted a Christmas celebration for its gay community on Sunday featuring a nativity tableau with a male Mary in drag that church organizations denounced as an affront to traditional values.

Disgusting, and so disrespectful.

The thing I find interesting is two things that Van Dalen talked about, and I’ll quote:

Van Dalen said gays were feeling increasingly uncomfortable in public in recent years, and that they perceived Dutch society as more assertive about "classical values

“Our objective is not to be offensive. This is about visibility," he said. (Van Dalen)

and also:

Frank van Dalen, chairman of Pro Gay, which organized the event, said gays were not satisfied with being tolerated, but wanted to be “socially accepted as an indivisible part of society.”

The reports of violence are troubling. They should not be physically attacked. That is not a proper Christian response or secular response. :nope:

It seems that the more “visible” gays become in Amsterdam the more animosity against them. So, it seems Van Dalen’s approach is counter-productive. They want to be more open, but complain that when they are more open in public they are both more uncomfortable and more harassed.

And instead of trying to integrate with the rest of society and not to be just “tolerated”, they put on this kind of mockery of what the rest of society holds dear. Shouldn’t they be more for educating the public and conforming, rather than forcing the issue down the throats of their fellow citizens?

Does anyone else see the bad logic, or is it just me?

Peace…

MW

Lol :stuck_out_tongue:
Looks fun

I do agree wit hthe poster above that this kind of “visibility” is not too positive & asking for trouble…

Is it permissable to pray to God that He smite someone?Or is that too Old Testamentish?

I don’t see the big deal here, it’s doesn’t harm anyone in any possible way.:shrug:

Gays shouldn’t be surprised or upset when decent people refuse to support their plight. This kind of spectacle is utterly wreckless.

:nope:
Sad. Very sad.
That’s my Momma you’re mocking.
:frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.