Amy Klobuchar believes her husband took hydroxychloroquine to help treat his Corona Virus infection

Many readers know the politicization of the drug hydroxychloroquine is a hot topic right now.

Amy Klobuchar believes her husband took hydroxychloroquine to help treat his Corona Virus infection and recover.

When asked about his hydroxychloroquine usage she replied, “I believe he took that drug.”

Here is the firsthand interview . . .

And this . . .

. . . After weeks of searching, I finally found audio of Amy Klobuchar admitting that her husband took hydroxychloroquine to cure his coronavirus! A lot of people on twitter asked her that but she didn’t answer. Then NONE of the mainstream media folks asked her that but I finally found someone who did in an interview and she reluctantly answered in affirmative. Oh, and in same interview she hypocritally blasted Trump for taking same drug that her hubby took.

A couple of months ago Senator Amy Klobuchar’s husband entered the hospital severely ill with the big virus. Not only did he have pneumonia with a high fever but he was also coughing up blood. However, despite that he left the hospital five days later in good health.

So what was his miracle cure? Naturally a lot of people wanted to know. Many folks even asked Klobuchar on Twitter that question but for some strange reason she did not answer. I expected someone in the Mainstream Media to at least display a bit of curiosity to bring up that question but none did…until now. I just found a radio interview with Klobuchar by Michael Smerconish on his radio show. As you can hear she answered (reluctantly) in the affirmative.

So will this admission by Klobuchar that her husband took the “forbidden” drug remove her from consideration from being named as vice-presidential nominee by Joe Biden? . . .

2 Likes

Headline:

“Amy Klobucher Admits Miracle Drug Hydroxychloroquine Saved Her Husband’s Life”

Quote from Klobucher:

“I believe he took that drug”

So, the headline is a lie because she admitted no such thing.

I didn’t like the headline either. I’m with you on that.

Why did you post it then?

We will be seeing more on this usage of the drug I am sure.

For example . . .

It now looks like Chris Cuomo was also on one of the Quinoline family of medications (which include hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine, and even quinine (as in the active ingedient in quinine water).

Cuomo was allegedly on what his wife said was “Potentized quinine”.

She could mean quinine, hydroxychloroquine, or something else.

I hope the media people just ask Chris Cuomo.

Chris Cuomo took ‘less safe version’ of hydroxychloroquine, McEnany says

By Steven Nelson

May 20, 2020 | 5:23pm | Updated

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany took on Chris Cuomo on Wednesday, saying that while he “mocked” President Trump for taking hydroxychloroquine, the CNN anchor took a less safe version of the drug himself.

“You had Chris Cuomo saying the president knows that hydroxychloroquine is not supported by science, he knows it has been flagged by his own people and he’s using it,” McEnany said at a White House press briefing.

“Cuomo mocked the president for this” but “it turns out that Chris Cuomo took a less safe version of it called quinine, which the FDA removed from the market in 2006 because it had serious side effects, including death. So really interesting to have that criticism of the president.”

The CNN host’s wife, Cristina Cuomo, who also came down with coronavirus, detailed his daily health regimen to treat COVID-19 in an article for her wellness publication Purist.

She wrote that his daily intake included “Potentized quinine (OXO); it’s derived from the nontoxic bark of Peruvian-grown quinine plants. It is a natural antibiotic (it’s being used in India with very good results). This is not on the market here; Dr. Lancaster has made this in her lab for 40 years, and I took this for my Lyme. . . .

Maybe this explains WHY (also from the article) . . .

. . . Chris Cuomo’s brother, Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, “has several on-the-record statements about hydroxychloroquine,” including that “I’m an optimist, I’m hopeful about the drug and that’s why we’ll try it here in New York.”

2 Likes

I posted the story because the politicization of this drug, is a very hot topic right now.

But I agree about the title. That’s WHY I posted it with the beware or “Caveat”.

If you can find a better article, PM me asap, and I can change the OP to that title if the article has the substance. I’m OK with that.

But if you do, please do it soon while I still can edit it.

If not, that’s fine as I posted the ORIGINAL with Amy herself talking about this, and that is good too along with the caveat.

Thanks.

1 Like

I posted it with the caveat.

Like I said, if you have a better title let me know.

Edit: I think you are right. I think the article title is bad.

I went back and changed the title to reflect just what Amy Klobuchar said.

Thanks for the input!

1 Like

How about “Klobucher says something vague about hydroxychloroquine and we make up a bunch of stuff about what she said”? That would be a more accurate headline. And maybe you could post this is the tabloid section of this forum because it doesn’t belong in a news section

I already edited the title.

The story is newsworthy and clearly belongs in the news section.

Not because he took this and got better (although that is great news too isn’t it), but because of the recent politicization of the drug in the news.

1 Like

Edit.

I moved this out of my OP.

Caveat. Title of article not descriptive.

I searched for a better article/title but either hardly anyone is reporting this, or this information is being shadowbanned from you.

Whatever it is, here’s the story . . .

FINALLY! Amy Klobuchar Admits Miracle Drug Hydroxychloroquine Saved Her Husband’s Life (VIDEO)

By Jim Hoft
May 21, 2020

Ever since President Trump praised the miracle drug hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of the China Coronavirus the media has been on a jihad against the drug. . . . .

. . . The liberal mainstream media would rather lie about the drug and see people die than give President Trump a ‘win’ for promoting it.
That is not a stretch. That is what is happening every day on CNN, MSNBC and the liberal rags and websites.

This is despite the drug in combination with antibiotics being the choice of doctors around the world for treating the disease. . . .

. . . Klobuchar: “I believe he took that drug.” . . .

1 Like

From early last month . . …

Hydroxychloroquine rated ‘most effective therapy’ by doctors for coronavirus: Global survey

Drug known for treating malaria used by U.S. doctors mostly for high-risk COVID-19 patients

Gopesh Patel, RPh, with VLS Pharmacy in Brooklyn, has filled physician prescriptions for more than 70 COVID-19 patients, supplying a compounded formulation with hydroxychloroquine. (Business Wire via Associated Press) FILE

Gopesh Patel, RPh, with VLS Pharmacy in Brooklyn, has filled physician prescriptions for more than 70 COVID-19 patients, supplying a compounded formulation with hydroxychloroquine. (Business Wire via Associated Press) FILE

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Thursday, April 2, 2020

An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released Thursday found that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus.

The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37% of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

Of the physicians surveyed, 3,308 said they had either ordered a COVID-19 test or been involved in caring for a coronavirus patient, and 2,171 of those responded to the question asking which medications were most effective.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave chloroquine and its next-generation derivative, hydroxychloroquine, emergency-use authorization Monday for treating the novel coronavirus, although the drug was already being used off-label by some doctors and hospitals for COVID-19 patients.

The survey also found that the most commonly prescribed treatments are analgesics (56%), azithromycin (41%) and hydroxychloroquine (33%).

Azithromycin, known by the brand name Zithromax or Z-Pak, was rated the second-most effective therapy at 32%, followed by “nothing,” analgesics (including acetaminophen), anti-HIV drugs and cough medicine.

Hydroxychloroquine, which is sold under the brand name Plaquenil . . .

1 Like

Do you like this headline better?

“Well, I think that I listened to the science there. I believe he did briefly take that drug… or some drug like it, but I think that we have to listen to the science and you have to listen to your doctors with what is going to work in each individual situation,” Klobuchar told SiriusXM’s Michael Smerconish on April 7 regarding her thoughts about the debate swirling around hydroxychloroquine since her husband’s illness.

“Sometimes, you might have other conditions that make it so you can take certain drugs. Sometimes your own condition with the virus wouldn’t demand. I think people have Look at what works. I believe in science, something this President has been not listening to,” she added."

Klobuchar believes in science about Hydroxy and her husband can use it … but Trump does not - Trump must believe in anti-science on Hydroxy … except just saying that does not make it so …

2 Likes

I don’t think she’s trolling, so I wouldn’t consider it accurate, but at least it’s not an outright lie.

Headlines are always written to grab attention …and based upon her comment with a swipe at Trump …it is far more accurate than many . Trolling is shorter than saying her “husband took the same hydroxychloraquine medication Trump has been criticized for touting and it appears to have worked for him”… Way too long and could be construed as a positive for Trump or a negative for the critics …the trolling comment makes Klobuchar seem strong against the bully … who knows …

Trolling isn’t accurate. Attention grabbing not based on facts is tabloid behavior, so there are now two ‘news’ articles here that look like they come from tabloid that you would buy at the supermarket.

1 Like

That’s what happens when you get rid of all your moderators; it’s the Wild West.

3 Likes

I’ve gotten a few posts removed and a note from a moderator. There are certainly moderators here.

2 Likes

Up until this post, there have been 19 posts.

@Thbolt. You have posted almost half of those at eight.

Thanks again for all the contributions to this interesting newsworthy news thread.

2 Likes

There may be some minimal moderation, but in the old forum there were rules and they were strictly enforced: posts had to be charitable, all stories in the news section had to link to a news article from a reputable source, opinion articles were not allowed, etc. Clearly those rules are not being followed anymore, and I think it diminishes the quality of the subforum.

4 Likes

Perhaps you could explain why you think it is newsworthy? Are you trying to foster the idea that Democrats are against HCQ?

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.