An actor I am now a fan of

Someone who will not sell his soul to the devil for money.

Go Here on Neal McDonough

It’s good to know that there are still some people who will stick up for their principles. I’ve just become a fan :slight_smile:

Good for him. It takes a lot of courage to refuse to do a thing like that out of moral conviction. I hope that he is not punished by it further by other directors.

I think Denziel Washington has also refused to do on screen sex scenes, out of respect for his wife. If more actors refuse to do it, maybe we won't have to watch it so much!

Uh… that must have been AFTER he did “Out of Time”…

So they won't do sex scenes, but they will play drug kingpins (Washington in American Gangster) or sadistic killers (McDonough in I Know Who Killed Me)?

If it were me, I'd turn down ALL THREE...I'm sure they have their reasons though...

I can’t speak for the actors, obviously, but I think the main difference here is that in sex scenes you have actual physical contact with the other person, which could be difficult for the spouse not to mention possibly provoking lustful thoughts in the actor. Playing drug dealers or sadistic killers would be pure fantasy (for some people anyway :p).

[quote="seagal, post:7, topic:193044"]
I can't speak for the actors, obviously, but I think the main difference here is that in sex scenes you have actual physical contact with the other person, which could be difficult for the spouse not to mention possibly provoking lustful thoughts in the actor. Playing drug dealers or sadistic killers would be pure fantasy (for some people anyway :p).

[/quote]

Micheal Douglas said. When he killed someone in the movies/tv show.It was easy to explain to his son how they were just pretending.Because he didn;t actually kill anyone. But he said it was harder trying to explain a kissing scene. Because It wasn't pretend. He was actually kissing the woman.

There is nothing wrong with playing a villian. I mean, the Ten Commandments is on tonight and I’ve been switching between that and the final four games depending on whether the game is boring or not. But my point is that whoever played Ramses, and I can’t remember his name, but I know he was in the movie The King and I. Was he evil? Someone has to play the villian. In fact, it’s probably the most fun of all to play.

[quote="wjp984, post:9, topic:193044"]
There is nothing wrong with playing a villian. I mean, the Ten Commandments is on tonight and I've been switching between that and the final four games depending on whether the game is boring or not. But my point is that whoever played Ramses, and I can't remember his name, but I know he was in the movie The King and I. Was he evil? Someone has to play the villian. In fact, it's probably the most fun of all to play.

[/quote]

Yul Brenner(sp). I think he was more stubborn than evil.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.