An aphorism

The old are wise. Really? If you were truly wise then you would not have let youth flee away from you. Wisdom comes in youth moron (not directed toward anyone personally, just part of precision). Take it from a 16 year old who is far wiser than you will ever be–if you were truly wise then you would not have let youth flee away from you.

A man old in days would not hesitate to ask an infant seven days old what is the place in life and that man will live!
Why don’t you ask me what the place in life is, why because I’m a kid. It appears that I am far wiser than most people to realize that the truly wise do not let youth flee away; whereas the old man is prudent in his seeking of wisdom. Ask me. Ask me. You will find no better answer than what you will receive from me because the youthful are truly the wisest. I will kill your old intellect with a sword and send you out of this post empty handed when you come to realize that my answer is the best answer you will ever find. Ask me. Ask me.

You looking to get banned? You are doing an awesome job!:bowdown2:

I used to be on the MySpace Catholic forums and I think I recognize you. Either that or little boys like you who troll Catholic boards are a dime a dozen.:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, if you are banned, it will be by IP address and you will be unable to create another ID. Then when you really have something of import to say, you will be unable to display a newfound maturity on the CAF. If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say it.:wink:

God bless you,

Kelly

Believe me, this is very common. We all felt like we were wiser than our elders when we were 16. You are going through a normal stage of development.

This classic quote from Mark Twain, sums it up well:

“**When I was sixteen, my father was the most ignorant man in the world. By the time I reached 21, I was surprised at how much he had learned in five years.” **

:rotfl:

HAHAHAHA. :smiley:

St. Patrick’s Day isn’t April Fools, you’re getting ahead of yourself.

Thanks for the laugh though.

O did I hurt your feelings? You can’t even handle criticism, it is evident with your threats. why don’t you turn the other cheek christian.

Hon, you’re entitled to your opinion, but I wouldn’t have my youth back for a 10 foot pole–or a 7 foot Lithuanian either. What is past is past, the good memories are a joy to revisit, the bad have helped likewise to guard and guide me by showing me how ‘not’ to handle things. Hopefully you’ll someday look back at your youth, chuckle at some things, be pleasantly surprised at your insight in others, wince (just a little) at others, and then go on with ‘the rest of your life’ in the best way of all–for God. God bless you.

well ask me the place in life and you will receive no better answer. And I will send you out of this post empty handed. Ask and you shall receive.

Ah, this explains the post, 16 years old. Have you learned how to stop time? Man I am a moron, please show me how to do this?:newidea:

Much prayer is needed for this. In general, this is the results of evolution being taught in the schools. Removes the fear of God from people, and they begin to get delusional.

Truly if you were wise you would not have let youth flee away from you. Youth is a part of true wisdom. Truly, you are blind to evidence; as you see in the world it is the adult–the truly old and wise that go to war.

Oh I agree with you that wisdom has little if anything to do with numerical age. You’ll be just as daft at 60 as you are now. So will I for that matter. If you’ve read the bible you’ll know wisdom is a gift of God, not something any of us can earn or attain for ourselves. Let’s both ask and keep asking for it shall we?

Please come back in five years and let us know how you’re doing, O.K.? You may be surprised at how much we’ve learned.

:smiley:

Really no one has asked me the place in life because you truly believe that you are wiser than me. Why don’t you ask a child what is the place in life? And this child will send you out empty handed, in futurity I prophetic see. The childs’ wisdom you cannot match.
If you become as children then you shall enter the kingdom of Heaven. To support my claim that youth is a part of wisdom. What does it mean to be a child.
You on the other hand are old and wise. You are not children. To enter the kingdom you must become as a child. What is a part of a child, but youth. Look my wisdom is far more enlightened than yours.
Why don’t you ask me what the place in life is and I will send you out empty handed. I will throw you into darkness with my child like wisdom that no old man’s wisdom can endure it’s wrath. Ask me, humour me for an instant.

Not because we belive we’re wiser, simply that wisdom comes straight from God as his gift, not yours (as you appear to think) nor anyone else’s.

Of course because when you people stop beating around the bush and ask me what the place in life is then you will see that I have sent you out empty handed. Nothing can endure the wrath of the wisdom of a child.

Children are like the rest of us - wise sometimes, thinking 2+2=5 at others. You’re no different. I’ve been young and older. There is no special wisdom in youth.

originally posted by Godhead
Truly if you were wise you would not have let youth flee away from you.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. :rolleyes: We ALL think we’ll never get old. Got news for you kid, you will.
I KNOW you will sneer at your “wisdom” of youth when you are older.
When I was a teen, I knew everything! (newsflash!! - when I was a teen, I didn’t know squat!)

If you were truly wise then you would not have let youth flee away from you. But now you are old and think yourself wise.
You people continually beat around the bush but you fail to ask me what is the place in life. Because you are all scared that this 16 year old will saying something so profound that you will refuse to accept it, I prophetic see. You will say, no, no that is not true. And I tell you I will send you out empty handed. Why not just give in people and ask me. Ask and you shall receive.

Unlike you I have an iq of 136, which means absolutely nothing but makes me smart enough at an early age to realize that youth is a part of wisdom. Why don’t you hear me out people and just ask me the question, what is the place in life? I not asking you people to sever a limb, I’m asking you to ask me a simple question. And when I give you the answer, this is prophetic, you will say no that is not right. Therefore, I will send you out of this post empty handed. No one can hold a candle to my enlightenment. My light is so bright that it will blind you and cast you out of this post empty handed. All you have to do is ask–what is the place in life.

We must become like children in the heart, that is true. But looks like you are trying hard to hang on the that youth.

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

154 IQ here :slight_smile: And I don’t ask the question because I can judge what quality of your answer will be, based on your past posts here. It almost certainly won’t be anything that I’ve not heard and been unimpressed by before.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.