An apologetics-focused order

Wouldn’t that be great if there was a Catholic order that devoted itself especially to the defending and spreading of the Catholic faith? They could inform Catholics on how to defend the faith and could position themselves in anti-Catholic hotspots. I think such a thing would be crucial for the future of Catholicism.

Any thoughts about this?

That would be great. :knight2::highprayer:

Interesting idea. One would think that perhaps the Order of Preachers, commonly referred to as the Dominicans, would be involved in such work considering they were founded in a large part to fight heresy.

I'm not sure to what extent that apologetics specifically is a focus of their call to preach the Gospel but for example, in the apologetics forum here on Catholic Answers is Father V. Serpa, OP. It is also my understanding from some limited correspondence with him that several members of the Catholic Answers staff are Lay Dominicans.

You have to look to new orders since the existing orders were present as we slipped into this current state.

I recommend getting to the root which is lack of awareness of church teaching, doctrine and dogma. If you know these well, apologetics is an easier developmental step.

One new order that emphasizes doctrine and formation is Miles Christi - www.mileschristi.org.

[quote="McatholicN, post:1, topic:245749"]
Wouldn't that be great if there was a Catholic order that devoted itself especially to the defending and spreading of the Catholic faith? They could inform Catholics on how to defend the faith and could position themselves in anti-Catholic hotspots. I think such a thing would be crucial for the future of Catholicism.

Any thoughts about this?

[/quote]

Great idea . Even if its on youtube . But I can see it , this apologist group goes from town to town meeting with protestant church members and leaders and debate at public places .

It wouldn’t leave room for misunderstanding of church teachings and would probably win many converts! I think it would be cool if they had a special uniform like many other orders do. People could say “Look! There goes an Apologian” (or whatever they would be called).

This was what the Jesuits were founded for.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.