An Apology

:blushing: I feel rather badly and so I repent of some of my humor. I have a rather sarcastic sense of humour born of watching too many English comedies growing up.

While I find some Roman Catholic practices superstitious and am amused by the appearances of the BVM to faithful Catholics on tortillas and rusted water towers…I should NOT be making fun of it on a Roman Catholic forum. I am a guest here and the humor may seem quite disrespectful to the faithfully held beliefs about these items. I do not believe the Saint regrew his hand BUT I should not make fun of someone who does. It was rather insensitive and uncharitable and I am sorry. Respect should be the watchword and I did not demonstrate that well at all. :frowning:

Es tut mir leid oder…mea cupla mea cupla mea maxima culpa.

Rev North

Yeah I know exactly how you feel, i laugh at people who do not believe the one true church which Jesus DID create.

Fair enough :slight_smile:

Rev North

okay if we make fun of the British sense of humor in retaliation? like, lets compare, say, Monty Python with Seinfeld. we have room for all kinds here, fortunately. if we don’t chuckle it just means we don’t get it.

Okay…we have to draw the line somewhere. The English invented humor :smiley:

And actually…on a serious note many US comedies were stolen from British TV (Threes Company…Sanford and Son…All in the Family…and I think The Office).

Rev North

There was a story of a Maine guide who declined his client’s invitation to come to New York City for a visit. When asked why he said people would laugh at him there. When asked why he thought that he explained that he always laughed at them when they visit Maine. :smiley:

is Mr. Bean from England?
I like to watch his coming movie. :slight_smile:

God bless you, Rev North.

Yes, he is. He is very funny.

God bless you, Rev North.

I second that! Rev. North, I enjoy your posts (and your humour). God bless you. :hug1: :blessyou:

Dr. North:

Many Catholics see the humor in some of these… and see that as proof that God DOES INDEED have a sense of humor.

The Platypus alone, however, would have been plenty enough proof of that!

I love British humor… the original “The Office” is far better and Monty Python’s flying circus is one of my all time favorites! :thumbsup: I’ve gotten a few laughs from AbFab as well, as odd as it is…

Those are very funny. I also like the old show “Are You Being Served”.

Ooo ooo ooo you just said my favorite one!!! lol I’ve always loved Mrs. Peacock’s hair!!!

I think you mean Mrs. Slocombe.

Oh geez, you’re right!!! Wow that’s embarrassing!!!

A Saint regrew his hand? who? huh? (I’m serious :o, I’ve never heard that!)

Can someone tell me if Patricia Rutledge of Keeping Up Appearances is still around in England?

I love this show! I especially love Onslow–he is the TRUE aristocrat on the show. A few weeks ago they showed an episode where he and Richard somehow ended up in the choir at the church (I assume Anglican), and all the women were ogling Onslow–it was so funny!

Also, I am a major BENNY HILL fan! His biography is delightful–what a genuinely kind, decent person. I wish all rich stars would do as much simple good with their money as he did. God rest his soul.

Also loved Dave Allen–is HE still around? I have videotapes that we made in 1980 of his show–hilarious. I love the “Jaws” cello skit!

What a complete and sincere confession with an ultra-elegant aside about what you find amusing about …

Do you know of any Protestant websites I could post my amusement and bemusement at Bible thumping, waving, and polyester suits smeared with fried chicken grease?

Please give it a rest.

1. St. John Damascene’s hand was healed after being cut off (he didn’t quite “regrow” it; doctors can do the same with an amputated hand nowadays what the power of God did with St. John’s). See handmaidleah.wordpress.com/2007/07/11/the-mother-of-god-trojerucica-troyeruchitza/

2. RevDrNorth, I’m not sure what you’re apologizing for; I just know your respectful, intelligent and informative posts on the Eastern Christianity forum.

3. Monty Python: :whacky: :rotfl: :thumbsup:

Indeed. Unless the moderators have said something to you, I doubt you’ve been rude or been using unacceptable behavior.

[quote=Palladio]What a complete and sincere confession with an ultra-elegant aside about what you find amusing about …

Do you know of any Protestant websites I could post my amusement and bemusement at Bible thumping, waving, and polyester suits smeared with fried chicken grease?

Please give it a rest.
[/quote]

Is this really necessary? He was apologizing and you take it as an oportunity to spit in his face. Nice Charity… NOT… Whatever.:shrug:

This is why I despise (yes, I said DESPISE) SOME catholics and one reason why I don’t want to be a catholic. You take on such an air of superiority that it is SICK to look at.

Get off your high horse.:mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.