An elderly couple in Belgium intending suicide

Please pray for Francis and Anne, a couple from Belgium who are planning to receive lethal injections on February 3rd next year. Each is afraid of being left alone if the other one dies, and their children have said they will not be able to care for a widowed parent.

Please pray for this couple to be graced with the courage to face the future even amidst uncertainty, and for their children’s hearts to be softened with a new charity and concern for the lives of their parents. Please pray for Belgians to return to their Catholic faith, and that their consciences be rekindled into a roaring flame, so that they will cease their acceptance of willful death.

Oh my…

Praying…

**O Holy Spirit, Divine Spirit of light and love,
I consecrate to Thee my understanding,
Heart and will, my whole being for time and eternity.
May my understanding be always submissive to Thy heavenly inspirations,
and to the teaching of the Catholic Church,
of which Thou are the infallible guide; may my heart be ever inflamed
with love of God and of my neighbour,
may my will be ever conformed to the divine will,
and may my whole life be a faithful imitation of the life
and virtues of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,
to whom with the Father and Thee be honour and glory forever.

Amen.**

Very sad. Admire their courage but pray that they will change their minds. Wonder if their adult children will go with them.

Lord, hear our prayer.

Praying for the intentions of Francis & Anne.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou oh prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirit who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

[INDENT]Caring for the Elderly and Dying
From U.S. Council of Catholic Bishops

For persons who are elderly: that we might cherish their presence in our midst and drink deeply of their wisdom;
We pray to the Lord: Lord hear our prayer.

For all who are about to die: that through our love, care, and devotion, they might know the beauty of life, as they prepare for death;

For all who suffer: that the Lord will provide them with the comfort of family and friends and interior peace in prayer, that they will have hope in eternal life;

For grandparents: that through their prayers and example they might teach their grandchildren the beauty of living the Gospel of Life;

For all people in nursing homes: that we would be inspired to visit them, and remind them of their great worth;

For those denied adequate care: that we might stand up for their God – given dignity and assist them in their needs;

For all who are forgotten or thrown away, and especially for the poor, the sick and the aged: that God might change our hearts and move us to love them as the image of Christ;

For those who have grown tired of life, and especially for those tempted to suicide: that God might grant them patient endurance and the support of loved ones;

For doctors, nurses, caregivers and family members who care for the sick with gentleness and compassion: that they may see themselves as Apostles of Life;

For all who care for the dying: that through the intercession of Saint John the Apostle and the Blessed Virgin Mary, they might dedicate their ministry to the Cross of Christ;

For teachers in schools of medicine and nursing: that their love for life and healing might inspire their students;

For those tempted to despair because of constant pain: that they might join their suffering to the Cross of Christ;

For nurses and all professionals who care for the sick and dying: that they will be given the grace to love each patient with the love of Christ, and to never see those they care for as a burden;

For those who have grown weak or infirm: that we might see God’s power in their fragility and experience a new revelation of God’s love for them;

For elderly parents and godparents: that the love and respect of their children might sustain them and bring them joy;

For all who live in nursing homes, and especially for those who are alone or in pain: that we might cherish the gift of their wisdom, and the example of their faith; We pray to the Lord: Lord hear our prayer.
That the sick may find strength and courage in the cross of Christ and discover the redemptive value of their suffering;

That the elderly may cherish each moment of their lives, and in their sunset years experience the love and attention they need;

:crossrc:

[/INDENT]

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

O Divine Trinity, we add our prayers for this couple, and their children, and for all your children who cannot hear or do not heed Your Call to Love, to Hope, to Faith, to Righteousness, to Integrity, to Justice, and to Worship.
Help us all to seek Your Truth, and deliver us from fear and evil; we pray in your Holy Name, Father, Son, Spirit, and Trinity.

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.

Christ hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.

God the Father of Heaven,
Have mercy on us.

God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
Have mercy on us.

God the Holy Spirit,
Have mercy on us.

Holy Trinity, One God,
Have mercy on us.

Holy Mary, Queen of Angels, pray for us.

Saint Raphael, pray for us.
Saint Raphael, filled with the mercy of God, etc.
Saint Raphael, perfect adorer of the Divine Word,
Saint Raphael, terror of demons,
Saint Raphael, exterminator of vices,
Saint Raphael, health of the sick,
Saint Raphael, our refuge in all our trials,
Saint Raphael, guide of travelers,
Saint Raphael, consoler of prisoners,
Saint Raphael, joy of the sorrowful,
Saint Raphael, filled with zeal for the salvation of souls,
Saint Raphael, whose name means God heals,
Saint Raphael, lover of chastity,
Saint Raphael, scourge of demons,
Saint Raphael, in pestilence, famine and war,
Saint Raphael, angel of peace and prosperity,
Saint Raphael, endowed with the grace of healing,
Saint Raphael, sure guide in the paths of virtue and sanctification,
Saint Raphael, help of all those who implore your assistance,
Saint Raphael, who was the guide and consolation of Tobias on his journey,
Saint Raphael, whom the Scriptures praise: Raphael, the holy angel of the Lord, was sent to cure,
Saint Raphael, our advocate,

Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world,
Spare us, O Lord.
Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Have mercy on us.

Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.

Pray for us, Saint Raphael, to the Lord Our God,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ

Lord, Jesus Christ, by the prayer of the Archangel Raphael, grant us the grace to avoid all sin and to persevere in every good work until we reach our heavenly destination, You Who lives and reigns world without end. Amen.

Hail Mary mother of divine grace intercede for this family.

Amen

Praying for them to have a change of heart and let God be in charge of their future.

Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying for them in a most heartfelt manner.

Praying hard for life to prevail.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.