An elderly man, who was lonely.. please pray for him

I witnessed something very sad, yesterday. :frowning:

My 87 year old mother and I were “out and about”… running errands. We parked in the lot of a store we were going, and I noticed an SUV parked in the handicapped space. I parked right next to it, because my mother is also handicapped.

It was a very hot day yesterday. The windows in the SUV were rolled all the way down, but the AC didn’t seem to be on. In the back seat… sat an elderly man. I noticed he was watching us, intently. I smiled at him… as I got my mother into her wheelchair, and we went into the store. We were in there quite awhile.

When we came out, the poor man in the SUV was still sitting there. Again, he watched us intently… as I put my mother back into the car. I looked up to smile at him again, and he motioned me to come over to the SUV. I did.

I said “Hi, how are you?”… as brightly as I could. He looked at me, and said… very sadly “Is that your mother?” I said… “Yes”. He asked… “How old is she?” “87”, I replied. He half smiled, and nodded. I could see that he was very lonely.

Then he said… “I’ll be 80, next week”. My heart about broke at that point. I asked him if his family was inside, and he nodded. But I didn’t know what else to do for him. I tried to assure him that they would be out soon. And wished him a “Happy Birthday”. As it was quite, hot… I had to get my mother home. So we left. :frowning:

But I can’t get him out of my mind. I’ve prayed for him, today… and I now ask for your prayers for this poor, lonely soul. He was so frail and alone. Please pray for him, my brothers and sisters at CAF.

Thank you and God bless.
MV :gopray:

Jesus please show him that he’s never alone and that You are here for him take him into your heart and bless him and let him have a happy birthday. :smiley:

Heavenly Father, we ask you to be with the dear old man. Please meet all his needs in body and soul, as he may receive grace from you. Help his family to help him, we ask that your love would be there for them all. Please send your Holy Spirit to comfort and bless this man, and all who are lonely in their old age. Thank you for bringing this man to MarieVeronica’s attention that we may lift him up to you and ask for a special blessing, especially let him feel loved and cared for at his birthday. In Jesus name. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Holding this gentleman in my prayers.

Prayers said for him.

Thank you, dear ones.

Praying hard for him and all of those who are lonely.

I feel like my prayers were answered before I uttered a single word because you were kind to that man! Prayers that he may meet people like you every day that take time to reach out to him. Prayers for those who are lonely or feel unloved that they especially know the love from Our Father.

Dear Jesus,

You love us all so much and we can always seek comfort in you when we are lonely. Please show this man how much you love him and that he is not alone. I also ask that you show his family how much he is in need their love and attention. I also pray that they show it to him.:signofcross:

Thank you for your kind words, but I don’t deserve any praise, “LMF” :nope: because I didn’t do MORE for him. By the time we got home, I thought of all kinds of things I could have done for him. I could have gone and gotten him some water… I could have gone inside, to find his family… I could have turned the AC on in my car, and then stood with the poor man till his family came out. Lord, please expand my heart and make me a quick thinker.

But I’m thankful for all the prayers which have been said for him, this day. God bless all of you. :grouphug:

Glory be to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World without end

Amen

I’m sharing you prayers Marieveronica. God bless

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

That really is sad. I’ll include him and others in similar situations in my prayers everyday from now on. Thanks for sharing this.

:crossrc: Amen. :crossrc:

Don’t beat yourself up. :hug1: Your first responsibility was to your mother, and you got all of us praying for this man! :thumbsup:

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.