An important and meaningful meditation on the Eucharist

In the linked video Father Barron makes an important and original theological meditation on the Eucharist. The reflection is based of the Effectiveness of the Word of God. God spoke and the Word created the world, the Word spoke and people were raised to life, the Word spoke and deamons fled, the Word spoke and the storms were silenced, the Word spoke and Christ becomes present in the Eucharist at the Last Supper, a priest speaks in the Person of the Word and Christ is present in the Eucharist. Any time the Word speakes, what He says is made or done, the Word is Effective on that which is spoken. I think this is a very, very, effective way to convince others of the Real Presence, because Christ is the Word and the Word is God!!!.

youtube.com/watch?v=bJjW3LXuHzo

Linus2nd

Pax Christi!

Keeping this link. Father Barron is terrific.

God bless.

It was an approach I never heard before but it made all the sense in the world. Wish I had heard it put that way years ago, would have saved so much doubt.

Linus2nd

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.