An old bible found in Palestine confirms the Qur'an story True

youtube.com/watch?v=wDrObm8aotM

I’m just interested in knowing the thoughts of Catholics on this?

All I have to say is Alhamdulillah.

May Allah [swt] guide us all to the true path. Ameen.

Peace,
Sayf.

** In the name of Allah , the Most Gracious , Ever Merciful **

http://theislampath.com/smf/Smileys/default/salam.gif

why only Catholics ?

Most probably , this has been posted in the forum already . Answers were like that this is a fake one , written by Muslims etc .

This kind of stuff is becoming spam. Quit proselytizing here. :mad:

JazakiAllahu kheyran sister Muslim Woman. :slight_smile:

Why? We’re making topics on “Non-Catholic religions”. If you don’t like it, stop visiting this part of the forums. Everything we’ve posted is completely within the rules.

The book which the video is talking about is the Didache, otherwise known as the Teaching of the Twelve Apostles.

This book was not written during Jesus’ time. It was written around 100 AD, which is about seventy years after Jesus’ life.

You can read the Didache online here: newadvent.org/fathers/0714.htm

I figured out which book the Orthodox was reading by googling his words (“We thank You, our Father, for the life and knowledge…”). He is reading chapter nine in the Didache. This is the whole chapter:

1 Now concerning the Thanksgiving (Eucharist), thus give thanks. 2 First, concerning the cup: We thank you, our Father, for the holy vine of David Your servant, which You made known to us through Jesus Your Servant; to You be the glory for ever. 3 And concerning the broken bread: We thank You, our Father, for the life and knowledge which You made known to us through Jesus Your Servant; to You be the glory for ever. 4 Even as this broken bread was scattered over the hills, and was gathered together and became one, so let Your Church be gathered together from the ends of the earth into Your kingdom; for Yours is the glory and the power through Jesus Christ for ever. 5 But let no one eat or drink of your Thanksgiving (Eucharist), but they who have been baptized into the name of the Lord; for concerning this also the Lord has said, Give not that which is holy to the dogs.

By the way, the Orthodox is wrong when he says “the Lord” dose not mean God; that is an insult against the Jews. Jews didn’t speak God’s Name, but instead used the name “the Lord” in substitue, out of reverence for His Unspeakable Name. So the title “the Lord” dose mean God. Jesus is called the Lord in the Didache, because this is what He taught His Apostles, who in turn taught others what He had taught them.

The video’s claims are founded on two beliefs: Jesus had brothers and Jesus’ disciples had corrupted His teachings. Both of these beliefs are false, the product of imagination. Here are two articles which show why:

Brethern of the Lord
Evolution of the gospels

There is always some new discovery isn’t the?

Always on closer inspection we discover that nothing new has been discovered.

It’s not so much ‘new discovery’ as it is lies being spread. The man who made the video either honestly thought the Didache was a bible or he willfully lied. Given that an Orthodox showed and explained the Didache to him, I am willing to bet it was the latter.

“I found this on YouTube, therefire it MUST be true!!!”:rolleyes:

I remember watching it on TV and thinking “Another gnostic fallacy”

If the guy had any knowledge of theology or Church History, he’d see it for what it is.

:smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=dOn0qap05aY&feature=response_watch

This whole subject is very ironic. The Didache is often referred to by Catholics who are defending their faith because it so much supports Catholic teaching. This ancient document, which is not, by the way, an old Bible, is a teaching about how believers ought to behave. It is not a teaching that targets the identity of Christ, though He certainly is part of the teaching.

This thread will likely be dropped like a hot rock by any Muslim who takes the time to actually read the Didache. Though the qur’an echoes the some of the teaching to flee from sin or to worship God, those are just similarities that all three major monotheistic religions share anyway. However, correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that the qur’an teaches that a believer must be baptized; I am even more confident that it does not teach one to be baptized in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is what we call the “Trinitarian formula” which affirms our belief in the Triune nature of God. If this taught in the qur’an, maybe a claim could be made that there is some “confirmation of the qur’an story truth”.

Additionally, there was quite a lot of attention paid to the fact that Jesus is called the Father’s “servant” rather than “Son”. However, I looked up several translations of the Didache (into English) and most of them actually used the words “Jesus, Your Son”. So, I became curious. Why would some translations use Son and others use Servant? Apparently, the ancient Greek word used does not have an English equivalent. The Greek word really means “servant- child”. This is actually a perfect word to describe Jesus. He is identified by Christians as the Suffering Servant from Isaiah 53.

One last thought is about the teaching of the Didache regarding the Eucharist. Again, I don’t believe that the qur’an teaches of the importance of the breaking of the bread and to receive it worthily. Yet, this has been a Catholic practice since the Church was founded.

Honestly, there are just too many similarities to Christianity for this document to ever be considered a support for the qur’an.

Proselytizing is against forum rules. Please either come into compliance, or leave. You’re welcome here to learn, but not to break the rules. You have a great opportunity here to learn, because of the unfortunate plight of being Muslim. God loves you, but not distortions of Christianity, as were done by Mohammad, who was simply a man of his time, and nothing more than that… not a prophet, but a liar, murderer, marauder, pillager, and rapist. Christ said Satan was a liar and murderer from the start. We know where Mohammad really got his theology.

I’m glad you noticed it as proselytizing too. Many of the posts I see by the Muslims on this board are more to evangelize than to discuss our faiths.

Additionally, there was quite a lot of attention paid to the fact that Jesus is called the Father’s “servant” rather than “Son”. However, I looked up several translations of the Didache (into English) and most of them actually used the words “Jesus, Your Son”.

The Greek word PAIS used here has several meanings:

1. It can mean servant.

2. It can mean child.

3. It is a cognate of PAIDOS, which means a boy or youth or child.

4. It can also mean, to put it sweetly, male concubine.

Wouldn’t the meaning depend on the context?

Example: “tear.” Does it mean a drop of fluid from crying? Or something that is ripped?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.