An Online Friend of Mine Is Having Suicidal Thoughts

Hi everyone. A Catholic friend of mine who I talk to online named Alex is having suicidal thoughts. He is currently drunk at this time as well and so is probably not thinking right. Please pray for him!

Praying very hard for Alex.

Hello Holly…this is an issue very close to my heart as I have been in the same position as your friend. I had a very tough time with alcoholism and often thought of suicide. Thankfully, the Lord came to my rescue and redeemed me. I pray sincerely that Our Lord Jesus Christ bestows His grace and Mercy on your friend…and if I may, I will also pray for your peace of mind.
God Bless You

May God be with him

Alex will be in my prayers. :signofcross:

:signofcross: that Alex gets help.

Have him read this: metanoia.org/suicide/

It helped me some time ago.

It’s awful to have feelings of hopelessness that he actually has suicidal thoughts. I’m praying that he gets past these thoughts and see that he has worth and that God loves him

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Lord, I pray that you may comfort this man.
I pray that the Holy Spirit may lift this man and open his eyes to see the wonders of life. I hope for a miracle to happen!
May God use this man as a warrior for good in this world.

Amen.

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide him!

Thank you everyone for your prayers. As far as I know, the suicidal episode has gone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.