Anaphora of Diodorus of Tarsus?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426610_3012430424739_1081881861_2800371_220122561_n.jpg

Besides the three usual anaphoras of east syrian rite,the synod of diamber decree mention a fourth anaphora in the name of Diodorus was found in use among the Christians of St Thomas.

any idea ?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In A Short History of Syriac Literature by William Wright, there is mentioned the Anaphora of Diodorus of Tarsus. The fragment is in the British Museum (Add. 14699, ff. 20, 21). It indicates that a certain Mr. Bickell has translated it and edited it for his Conspectus. The translation is on page 63, 71-72.

Happy hunting! =)

thanks :slight_smile: Any online translation available ?:hmmm:

There are three Anaphorae; that of Apostles (Sts. Adaeus and Maris), that of Nestorius, and that of Theodore the Interpreter.The East Syrian Rite is a Christian liturgy, also known as the Assyro-Chaldean Rite, Assyrian or Chaldean Rite, and the Persian Rite although it originated in Edessa, Mesopotamia. It was used historically in the Church of the East, and remains in use in churches descended from it.[Wiki]

1)Why Anaphora of Diodorus of Tarsus not included in this list ?

I wish I knew. Possibly because it’s no longer really in use by anyone and probably faded away as an optional anaphora centuries and centuries ago. Many of the resources that I have that contain a list of primary sources on liturgical history do make mention of this fragment though…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.