Ancient Aliens and Noah's Ark, Lalibela Churches

Has anybody seen that show Ancient Aliens? I could not believe some of the things they said like aliens helped Noah to create a DNA bank of all life on Earth. And in another episode they say the Churches in Lalibela were built by humans with the help of aliens!

That show is just a mindless diversion. Some of it is interesting and thought provoking, but most of it is science fiction junk, especially when it comes to explaining the religions of the world. :blush:

I used to watch it before my conversion. Although I DO believe Aliens visited the earth in ancient times, I do NOT believe the premise of the series now that Aliens actually created us and that the Sumerian Gods were actually aliens from Planet Nibiru---and that Christianity and other religions descended from those original Sumerian "deities" or other "deities."

Good thread to tlak about, though. :thumbsup:

Ancient Aliens is a funny show. Absolutely ridiculous though. You would think there is no middle ground between "we don't have a complete explanation for this odd artifact/story/building", and "Aliens influenced/created this artifact/story/building".

I don't believe in Aliens thats all sci-fi, is funny how a "science" channel is showing shows about ufos, little green men, evolution and big foot and showing it like is real science.... is just a joke

oh yeah and evolution is just a theory, specially when the subject relates to Man, if evolution was real how come sharks, crocs and alligators still havent changed since they showed up on earth? i mean c'mon they were 3 of the first animals before the dinosaurs and still here in our our water canals if sunny south Florida and they are not driving around in ferraries or bmw..... LOL :D

[quote="Bobby_Jim, post:4, topic:253063"]
Ancient Aliens is a funny show. Absolutely ridiculous though. You would think there is no middle ground between "we don't have a complete explanation for this odd artifact/story/building", and "Aliens influenced/created this artifact/story/building".

[/quote]

You would admit, though that there IS a VERY good chance that Aliens visited us in the ancient past and we even had some interaction with them?

I am NOT (repeat, NOT) saying that Aliens created us or that all religions grow out of these "Creator Aliens" or that Jesus himslef (as some have claimed) was am "Alien," just that the there IS compelling evidence that Aliens visited us in the past.

UFOs have been seen for millenia. They are NOT a "recent phenomenon." Objects that can only be described as UFOs have even shown up in medieval tapestries.
I agree that the series is silly. Insofar as it takes a legitimate subject for research and speculation and turns it into a breeding ground for outlandish theories.

Just keep an open mind.

And don't think that because most of the seires is silly that all of the evidence there is not worth looking at.

no... sorry i will not because there is no evidence, these so called experts ignore the fact that it was man not little green men that build the pyramids, they ignore the fact that real scientist have uncovered the burial places of those who build these awesome man made places, and not only that they where the builders but they where not slaves ... they where paid workers.
old paintings and carvings of what these clowns on tv say are evidence of aliens ... that is not the case, thats what they want you to believe or other wise they wouldn't have a show. these paintings and carvings have other meanings depending to what culture they belong too, and all these ufo sightings are most likely military weaponry being tested out in Nevada just like the stealth bomber and stealth fighter where 40 yrs ago we didn't even see them till the first gulf war.
these talking heads just want to diminish man's accomplishments trough out our history like they want to do with the sanctity of life, the role the Church had in the development of the world you see today and God, and once they convince you that little green aliens are real then they can get you to believe that there is no God...
i know this cause at one time i fell for the secular lies, thank God i was young and i was able to get out of that mind set that led no where and i found my way to the real truth Jesus Christ and his one and only Apostolic Church, anything that doesn't comply with his teachings is just a lie or fantasy.... thats all

Egypt discovers workers' tombs near pyramids:

msnbc.msn.com/id/34794254/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/egypt-discovers-workers-tombs-near-pyramids/

:thumbsup:

[quote="OrdinaryMelkite, post:6, topic:253063"]
You would admit, though that there IS a VERY good chance that Aliens visited us in the ancient past and we even had some interaction with them?

[/quote]

serious OrdinaryMelkite and every one else... PLEASE take a minute and click on this link, don't be misled....PPPPPPPPPLEEEEASE!

hiddenmysteries.org/author/hurley/ufoart.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

now tell me what you think? :thumbsup:

[quote="OrdinaryMelkite, post:6, topic:253063"]

I am NOT (repeat, NOT) saying that Aliens created us or that all religions grow out of these "Creator Aliens" or that Jesus himslef (as some have claimed) was am "Alien," just that the there IS compelling evidence that Aliens visited us in the past.

UFOs have been seen for millenia. They are NOT a "recent phenomenon." Objects that can only be described as UFOs have even shown up in medieval tapestries.
I agree that the series is silly. Insofar as it takes a legitimate subject for research and speculation and turns it into a breeding ground for outlandish theories.

Just keep an open mind.

And don't think that because most of the seires is silly that all of the evidence there is not worth looking at.

[/quote]

Exactly as I said, the series is silly. I am agnostic when it comes to whether or not aliens visit or have visited earth. There was a time in my life when I really wanted to believe that. With respect to the show - I think it projects a lot of modern notions onto ancient stuff. Meanwhile the ancients were a lot smarter than we moderns give them credit for.

[quote="Catholic1954, post:2, topic:253063"]
That show is just a mindless diversion. Some of it is interesting and thought provoking, but most of it is science fiction junk, especially when it comes to explaining the religions of the world. :blush:

[/quote]

Hey, as a (yet-unpublished) science fiction writer, I take exception to that.

Actually what's very strange about the Ancient Astronauts theory is, it doesn't originate with science fiction, but with the Swiss writer Erich von Däniken, best known for his book Chariots of the Gods. I don't know why he thinks it's the case, but it seems he does, so it's not science fiction so much as it's an honest-to-goodness crackpot theory (I think it's a little harsh to call him racist, though, just because all the things he thinks were built by aliens aren't in Europe).

Though I will admit it's a really intriguing premise, nobody, not even Stargate, has realized its full potential, in a story. I think mostly because screenwriters don't actually know that much about ancient religions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.