Ancient of Days/Naming Churches

"I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

Daniel 7:9, 13-14

This excerpt from the book of Daniel seems to be describing God the Father as the Ancient of Days. I include 13-14 due to some disagreement that arises as to whom the Ancient of Days pertains. Some in Eastern traditions believe that it was a reference to the pre-Incarnated 2nd person of the Trinity, but I feel that the Son of Man approaching the throne is more in line with the Son.

This would be an interesting topic for discussion, but it’s not my main point. I am a cradle Catholic. I’ve visited parishes named after Saints (St. Paul, St. Hyacinth, Holy Archangels, etc.), different titles for Mary (Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Immaculate Heart), different aspects of Christ or devotions associated to him (Christ the King, Sacred Heart, etc.). One thing that I’ve never seen is a Parish named for a title used for God the Father. Is there any Church teaching pertaining to this? I’ve visited a “Holy Trinity” before, but never a “God the Father” Catholic Church, or an “Ancient of Days” Parish. Is this allowed? If so, is there a reason why it’s not so common?

Have any of you ever seen one?

Thoughts?

~Pax

It probably has something to do with not uttering the name of God.
Plus, it would be pretty presumptuous to name a parish GOD the Father.

I’m curious about that too. Lately I’ve been in awe of the title “Ancient of Days.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.