And Now We Have Lists

Taking a cue from Stalin’s Russia, Democrats and people from the left are now creating “lists” naming those Americans who have either worked in the Trump Administration or who are now seeking to help him in ferreting out any illegal shenanigans that have happened in our recent election. The “Twitter blue check leftist mob” and other various anti-Trumpers and groups are working to tarnish the reputations and blacklist from further employment of any person for working side by side with our current President.

This first came to light with a tweet by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that said: ““Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future?” Others quickly picked up the call with such groups as the “Accountability Project” which proposes that: “Any Republican now promoting rejection of an election or calling to not to follow the will of voters or making baseless allegations of fraud should never serve in office, join a corporate board, find a faculty position or be accepted into ‘polite’ society. We have a list.” Jennifer Rubin, WaPo*

And: “We’re launching the Trump Accountability Project to make sure anyone who took a paycheck to help Trump undermine America is held responsible for what they did”.— Hari Sevugan (@HariSevugan) [November 6, 2020]

Is this what we have become in America now, a place where some people are going after and threatening other Americans and their future livelihoods simply for supporting a different political candidate?

This sort of thing is is vile and outrageous, a stain on the idea that we can have differing political opinions free from any type of coercion or threat of retaliation. At this point we must come to the reality that some Democrats and those on the left are now following Stalinist/Communist thought and ideology.

3 Likes

Please post an article.

2 Likes

So this is being acknowledged publicly. That seems the only difference to me. I mean c’mon. Of course such lists have been created before by opposing forces. And in the US.

1 Like

Nixon’s enemies list. After the American Revolution, there were even some small scale purges of those ‘loyal’ to the Crown.

I was thinking Brownshirts, but I guess that’s picking at nits.

1 Like

Nixon’s enemies list. After the American Revolution, there were even some small scale purges of those ‘loyal’ to the Crown.[/quote]

Nixon- one man whose actions were repudiated by his fellow Republicans. Conservatives never created such lists advocating retribution against Democrat supporting people, lawyers and other members of a Democrat administration. Has Joe or Kamala repudiated the current actions by these people or told them to stop? Nope.

5 Likes

Purges happened after the US gained independence. Even some death sentences were handed down. It’s not like American history is devoid of similar incidences.

1 Like

So, you have not heard about this happening? Oh that’s right, you probably are tuning in to CNN or MSNBC, two places that do not report all that is going on.

1 Like

I don’t watch television news, thank you.

Incidentally Che Guevara is looked at as a monster by the right, yet I saw an article somewhere that compared the death sentences he handed down with those handed down by the American revolutionaries. Wasn’t much difference. Interesting.

That is not what is happening now. This is a concerted effort by one group of Americans to place retribution on other Americans with a differing political viewpoint. Such an effort is indeed Stalinist, something that can only come from intolerant people and has no place in America.

2 Likes

Credible reports coming in that boogeymen lurk under the nation’s beds

2 Likes

It’s the kind of action that demands revenge. It’s the kind of back and forth that will
Lead to civil war.

Che Guevara was born in Argentina and went to other countries to do his evil. First to Cuba to join with the communist Castro brothers, finally ending up in the independent country of Bolivia where he was killed after attempting to incite revolution there. This is quite unlike any killings by Americans who were operating in their own country and who were fighting the foreign power known as Britain, their hired mercenaries the Hessians, and their supporters here.

1 Like

Similar to how some of the founding fathers were born in Europe and came here to do their evil, right?

1 Like

Revenge? How Christian.

Meaning revolutionary violence much like happened in Cuba…

1 Like

Oh, so you deny the “Trump Accountability Project”? What I posted earlier were their quotes, not something I made up.

1 Like

Yeah, “the people” fighting the oppressive government holding power.

All in all the king at that time was a relatively mild king. Certainly not like those who came before him.

But you’re ignoring the larger picture.

Not quite. Most if not all of them were born here. Pray tell friend, which of the leading "“revolutionaries” of the 13 colonies of colonial America were born in Britain?

1 Like

Please elaborate?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.