And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake

21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. 22 “You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

Matthew 10:21

I’m finding this to be profoundly true, especially in today’s times. We have the world and it’s corrupt ways infiltrating the church, the more we proffess Christ and in infalable word of God, the more the world rejects us and the more prominent the world becomes since people want to fit in with the status quo, no matter what the status quo is…

I’m sitting here on a Friday evening, reflecting upon the past, as I’ve seen friends and family fall away, for they clearly not only reject God, they cannot stand to be in the company of any that loves him. They insist that their ways are the only ways, that the word is obsolete, they pick up doctrins of man and declare it to be the law, and it gets taken to demonic levels, yet they are blinded by where they are being led to. Some of these currently have taken it to all new levels of reproach against me as an individual, doing their best to sway me away from my faith, and they are outright angry over the matter, so they increase their bitterness and the words I’m hearing from some of these are so disturbing, I would never utter them here, not only would it break TOS, it would be something I’d never want to expose any believer to.

I then hear of others that have faith, but are distressed when they too have to face the world and it’s wicked ways, and they are alarmed when it moves against them on multiple fronts.

Guess what guys, the devil himself is behind the world, he’s running that show, he’s working through people and getting them to do his bidding. If you are a follower of Christ, you will always be his advesary, it’s the reality of being, and it’s expected, know that this you face is going to strengthen you and that you need to put up a good fight, to rise above it, to know the truth and know that Christ will prevail.

Hello, Brian,
May you come to know in a more profound way the Lord’s presence through this time of trial. You are not alone. He is with you.

You have just expressed my feelings of what I’ve been going through with my local school district and the lack of support for the innocence and emotional health of the children of our community, and even sometimes the undermining from people in the Church and in my family.

I am comforted when I remember God’s Word, that He will never leave us nor forsake us, and that He is with us through all the storms.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.