Andean Music

Many, many years ago I was introduced to Andean music by Paul Simon and Urubamba. Over the years, I have built a collection of Andean music which is every bit as happy as my own native Celtic music. I have seen Andean bands at various places across the US. Why is this wonderful music not more popular in the US?

Like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=KMJYpFJ17kc

Hmm, sounds like a band I heard once on the street in Red Bank. I bought their CD, was pretty good.

There was a group that used to work the Buskers Festival circuit. I could spend hours listening to them, much to my family’s dismay – they wanted to see the unicyclist/jugglers.

I’ve loved the sound of Andean music since we first heard it played by street musicians in Bath, England, of all places. I especially love the sound of the zampona (pipes.)

"Thanks for your information.
I really appreciate for giving this information.
I expect you will also give this type of information in future.

Thanks Once Again!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=zFTBzl5Vg0U

Another group, Sukay. I have several of their CDs as well

youtube.com/watch?v=8_H1WZ8KPkE

youtube.com/watch?v=v-eXzcrIZ28&feature=related

Inkuyo - several of theirs as well.

I’ve only run into the street musicians in San Antonio and Seattle - both times in the company of my bosses who were obviously not impressed.

BTW, this music makes for great housecleaning music. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.