Andrew Greeley

I have ordered the book "The Catholic Imagination" by Andrew Greeley, but I am wary because I have read that he is a liberal or dissident Catholic (I have never read anything by him). Is there anything theologically objectionable in his writings? Would anyone recommend him to read?

[quote="StMartinTours, post:1, topic:219854"]
I have ordered the book "The Catholic Imagination" by Andrew Greeley, but I am wary because I have read that he is a liberal or dissident Catholic (I have never read anything by him). Is there anything theologically objectionable in his writings? Would anyone recommend him to read?

[/quote]

Some of his fiction comes off like steamy romances, the mysteries aren't bad. Both his fic & non-fic are to say the least are unkind to the hierarchy.

The God Game (science fiction) is excellent.

Of his religious works I've read the The Sinai Myth & The Mary Myth the are both very good -- here is not using the word "myth" to mean fictional or legendary.

There have been several other threads in the past about Fr. Greeley. Here is one:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=323076

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.