Android catholic radio

Is it possible to listen to catholic radio on an android phone?

[quote="GR1G1O, post:1, topic:201172"]

[/quote]

Hi, there.

I own an iPhone.

Android phones should be able to use the same EWTN resource for both audio AND live video from the network.

Try ewtn.mobi on your phone. Look toward the lower part of the page for video and audio support for other mobile devices. You might be able to use the iPhone streams for better quality, so experiment.

i've tried that and no luck. my phone says...

The content is not supported

The content is not supported on the phone. No application can be found to open this file. Do you still want to download it?

so is there an app i need to download?

[quote="GR1G1O, post:3, topic:201172"]
i've tried that and no luck. my phone says...

The content is not supported

The content is not supported on the phone. No application can be found to open this file. Do you still want to download it?

so is there an app i need to download?

[/quote]

I feel for ya, man.

There are many issues with the consistency of Android because there are differing versions of Android as well as differing abilities on each phone that runs Android. While the iPhone limits you to AT&T in the U.S., the consistency of the hardware and software means a greater breadth of compatible streams, or apps that support them.

As a result, it's going to be a hit-or-miss matter for you to find a stream compatible with the version of Android you are using. You might want to mention your specific phone and, if you can find it, the version of Android you're using.

You could also try this website, StreamingRadioGuide, which will help you find Android-compatible streams from FCC stations (this won't help for Internet-only streams)--again, provided your phone supports that stream type.

If your YouTube access works (and it should--it's a Google-owned site), you should be able to access the EWTN library of shows there as a non-stream workaround.

I downloaded A Online Radio from the Android Market. It has many radio stations from around the nation. Even though my local Catholic Radio isn't on it, I did find like 15 Catholic stations that are. So I am happy now that I can listen to Catholic Radio!

[quote="GR1G1O, post:1, topic:201172"]

[/quote]

I have the Doggcatcher app which lets you listen to just about any podcast, including the Catholic Answers Podcast. It costs 5 bucks, but I think its worth it.

PAX

I'm listening to EWTN on Holy Spirit radio via SHOUTcast on my Motorola Defy right now. I don't know if this option is available on non-Motoblur Android phones, but I suspect just about any internet radio app would work. If you're also using a Motoblur-enabled device, open the Music app, select Radio, select SHOUTcast radio, and search for the keyword "catholic." I found a lot of stations, but clicked on the first Holy Spirit radio option, et voila!

I have been using a program from the Android Market called Radiotime. It allows me to listen to the local Catholic radio Station, or from Radio Stations all over the world.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.