angel in photo

I hope this is correct place for this .the morning my wife and daughter decided to become Roman Catholic this was a pic I took at sunrise. Look at the flowing robe at the feet and the wings on back. I think this was a pic of an angel sent to guard us all while we start back to mass can you see ? click on photo to enlarge , angel is center near top of tree…

i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/guntervent/th_1597520_10151869167960233_742001530_o_zpsc92e0f9e.jpg

little clearer image

i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/guntervent/1501503_10200674434782231_1363880355_o_zps63bcf4d6.jpg

Hate to be a wet blanket, but that looks like a cloud to me. Psychologists call it pareidolia. I’ve seen a whale in the Microsoft default wallpaper (the cloudy one) and a mermaid in the blisters formed by rain on an old wall… :slight_smile:

However, you absolutely do have an angel in your post. In your signature. :thumbsup:

Aww… she is a little angel! God bless your child, cthomp1961. :slight_smile:

not a prob maybe he just wanted you to see just a cloud

Welcome to the forum. And welcome home!

Oh i see it!!! :slight_smile: it definately does stand out from the clouds…only god knows for sure if it is an angel but it is shaped like one!

Also i want to say what a gorgeous view and sunset…

Maybe it’s meant just for you to see. I don’t see it, but I believe you do.

However, it reminds me of the bathroom floor at my daughter’s house. It is wooden, and in the grain of the wood, right in front of the commode, is (to me) what looks like the face of Christ–eyes, nose, mouth, hair, beard.

It’s kind of disconcerting when you are using the bathroom. And I really do not mean any disrespect here. It is what it is.

I agree.

I wouldn’t presume to be a well-traveled person, and I’m certainly not well-traveled by way of frequent flying, but on the rare occasions when I was up in a plane I observed the clouds around me very keenly. I was very struck by their three dimensionality, by how there could be walls, floors, clouds that were above, behind, below, wrapped around, or pretty much any other prepositional relation you care to name with respect to each other. The same phenomenon presents itself to astronauts looking down at the earth from space. They are amazed by the three dimensionality of the clouds, even though the clouds are roughly 180 or 190 miles below.

Clouds can range from the ground level, to the top of the troposphere, and some forms can even be up in the stratosphere, which can mean as high as 12 miles up (and some noctilucent clouds are even higher than that - 30 to 54 miles!!! :eek:).

We ground dwellers (which is what I really count myself as) are often unaware of the three dimensionality of clouds, not being able travel up and down through them. What I am really saying here is that there is plenty of opportunity for clouds of all sizes to be in front of one another and to be separated by great airy distances.

My take on the “angel” photo, or cloud photo, is that it is a cloud whose mode of formation, while somewhat baffling, is nevertheless not in any way supernatural. It is a very isolated, small, wispy cloud, so from that standpoint it is unusual, but not supernatural.

Why is it there? I haven’t the foggiest idea . . . :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I hope no one here actually think angels look anything remotely close to the generic popular depiction of an angel…? lol

The bible does describe what they look like, and to be honest, I think if I saw one, I woudl be scared at first, it is said they are roughly 18ft tall, having 6 wings, and ‘eyes’ covering their entire bodies and wings, they also are said to wear alot of precious stones as jewelry. There is also something about them not having a regular head like we do, I havent read the verse in awhile but i believe it says they have 4 heads.

In other words, they look nothing like the cute little things we think of as angels, but I have a feeling most on here already know that.

Not to put a chip on your shoulder but you said “the Bible does not describe what they look like” so what reference are you using to your statement here,who said this description? “it is said they are roughly 18ft tall, having 6 wings, and ‘eyes’ covering their entire bodies and wings, they also are said to wear alot of precious stones as jewelry. There is also something about them not having a regular head like we do, I havent read the verse in awhile but i believe it says they have 4 heads.”

just curious where you saw this description???

maybe those are angels that come to deliver the wrath of God that look like that. I just can’t picture a 4 headed 6 winged creature giving Our Blessed Mother Mary the good news!!!:eek:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.