Angel Reassignment Question

When a person dies -
they say the first person they see is their guardian angel.
Not sure if that’s true.

Anyways, when a person eventually dies -
does their guardian angel get reassigned to someone new ?
Or does the angel stay in Heaven - etc

Which Saint is that?

Only God knows.

Ok I’m a little confused here but correct me if I’m wrong
For that to be correct Hitler would have to be in heaven as the first person the saint saw was Hitler( which would mean Hitler was her guardian angel)
That is actually a pretty scary thought.

Lol don’t worry no wonder I’m confused I clearly read the OP wrong.
I can’t believe for a minute I thought Hitler was a guardian angel.

Okay - let’s forget the Hitler aspect of the post -
I will re-post that as another topic -
But I heard that today - on youtube, told by a Priest -
and the visionary - was a woman - and I believe she was a Saint too -
I WILL track that down -

I remember my Mom had told me that anecdote, probably back in the 80’s?

The way I heard it was that a (woman?) had had a vision of Hitler’s judgment. Except it wasn’t an angel who asked Hitler if he believed, but it was God who asked him.

I’m not finding it on the internet to find out who the original source was, but it’s just one of those stories that gets passed around.

It’s my understanding that guardian angels don’t get reassigned. They’re matched with their people, in that they have the personality that’s the closest to the person’s ideal self, if that person had never fallen.

I will ask my Guardian Angel when I die and hopefully go to heaven…Will see if they can send back an answer. Seriously, how can anyone really say…God bless

Billions and billions of people have already died - over the centuries -
that’s a lot of guardian angels -
and if 1/3 of angels are evil fallen angels -
I doubt demons go to hell along with their tormented victim -
esp. if his name is " legion "
I have read - that demons don’t like hell.

What are you trying to say? You have me a bit confused,God bless

For I believe that whether the Angels are sent back to help another soul or whether they are to stay in heaven with all the choirs of Angels is in God’s Hands…

Unless it is an approved vision, you can’t post it on CAF

CCC 329 St. Augustine says: “‘Angel’ is the name of their office, not of their nature. If you seek the name of their nature, it is ‘spirit’; if you seek the name of their office, it is ‘angel’: from what they are, ‘spirit’, from what they do, ‘angel.’”(St. Augustine, En. in Ps. 103,1,15: PL 37,1348) With their whole beings the angels are servants and messengers of God. Because they “always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven” they are the “mighty ones who do his word, hearkening to the voice of his word”. ( Mt 18:10; Ps 103:20)

So, if guardian angel is an office, what a spirit obedient to the Throne of Heaven does, then there isn’t a particular reason why we would have the same guardian angel for our entire lives or that any particular spirit might not be guardian angel to more than one person. I do not know of any place in Holy Scriptures where it literally says: one soul, one lifetime-appointed guardian angel. Does anyone else? If anything, there are times in a person’s life–and certainly at Mass–when a person might be joining the work of a host of the angels.

Likewise, I don’t see why a saint, a soul enjoying the Beatific Vision, would not be in perfect communion with all other beings also in communion with the Most High, including all of the angels, all in one mind in unity with the God of Love. (A soul in Purgatory might be in a state of spiritual dryness, during which the presence of the angels is not something that soul could sense…this all depends on what Providence has decreed as the route of each soul’s purification. I know of no declaration on this or Scriptural teaching on this matter, either. I’d say that means that it isn’t necessary for us to know that.)

As far as I know, while the Church has declared that certain souls have been revealed as saints by God, the Church has not made a single definitive pronouncement that any particular human has been made known as permanently beyond salvation. Certainly, Our Lord made it clear that damnation was a real state and that reaching it was a real risk. Having said that, what He did not do was to make an announcement that any particular person had received that sentence. Instead, he warned that God, unlike humans, judges rightly, and also said that this judgment belonged to God alone.

Nobody knows and Jesus never said anything on the matter so you can believe either way.
Our Church doesnt have all the answers, God does.

Oh, sure. I was just telling the OP I had heard that story as well, back in the 80’s— so even if it was urban legend, at least they weren’t the only one who had heard it. :slight_smile:

For me, personally, it makes me very uncomfortable when people start saying, “This guy’s in hell, fer sure”, regardless of how horrific they were in life. I can’t do a thing about how X chose to live his life---- but I’m responsible for how I live mine, and I struggle enough (and fail enough!) at being the best me that I’m supposed to be.

Hitler is known to have had a lot of toxicity in his upbringing. None of us can know what we would have become, in his shoes. It is better to judge not him, leaving that to God, but instead to look at what he did and how what he caused to have done and what he and his nation became might be prevented.

Well, someone had an approved vision -
of sinners - falling into hell - like snowflakes -in a blizzard.
"Many are they - that go there in - at " - Jesus

Things said by Saints are not often “doctrine”.

We know nothing about the “first thing one sees” after death. I hope it is Jesus.

No single person named, though, correct?
I have only ever heard that kind of thing in stories about private visions.

I do not believe “visions” are approved (ie as true) by the Church.
What is approved is the cultus - that is, the event is worthy of belief and does not offend Catholic doctrine.

That says nothing about hitler

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.