Angel Reassignment Question

@Seagull

well the guardian angle has been assigned till you reach heaven safely,in purgatory he bring you refreshments like the holy water and he attends mass for you and prayers for you continuously as he is in the presence of god in heaven and he inspires your family members to offer masses prayers ,sacrifices penances for you, since your prayers will not help your soul any better, but your prayers benefit and help for your family and only on the general judgement would our bodies resurrect, so you know, he is there for you even when you reach heaven.

Exodus 23:20 I am going to send an angel in front of you, to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared.

Hebrews 11:13 All of these died in faith without having received the promises, but from a distance they saw and greeted them. They confessed that they were strangers and foreigners on the earth, 14 for people who speak in this way make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. 15 If they had been thinking of the land that they had left behind, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; indeed, he has prepared a city for them.

John 14:2 In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And you know the way to the place where I am going.”

Baruch 6:7 For my angel is with you, and he is watching over your lives.

Exactly. Anyone claiming to have this level of knowledge on whatever the exact “procedure” is at death is probably just repeating some local legend or custom. Then someone puts it on youtube and suddenly it contains the secrets of the afterlife…

Saint Teresa of Avila - saw the wicked - falling like snowflakes.

What is your point repeating this personal opinion?
Some say there are fairies in the backyard at twilight that disappear when you look at them.

Mere personal opinions, neither are confirmed as true by the Church which you seem to assert?

Even if she did, we don’t know if it was a genuine vision from God. Even if it was, we don’t know what we’re supposed to do with that. Maybe God showed her that for reasons that were unique to her, not because it was supposed to be a “true” depiction of Hell.

But it’s still fun to read about - the lives of the Catholic Saints -
and discuss the Saints - and the events that took place with them.

Oh, I agree. Nothing wrong with chewing on it as food for thought. I just don’t think we ought to take every private revelation on face value.

I suppose that’s how multitudes and multitudes of people thought about Jesus - esp. when he was alive.

In “ The Life of St. Gemma Galgani ”, Venerable Father Germanus C.P. states “Gemma saw her guardian angel with her own eyes, touched him with her hand, as if he were a being of this world, and would talk to him as would one friend to another.
“Jesus” she once said “has not left me alone; He makes my guardian angel stay with me always.”

Her guardian angel assists her in prayer.
Father Germano continues “…He let her see him sometimes raised in the air with outspread wings, with his hands extended over her, or else hands joined in an attitude of prayer. At other times he would kneel beside her. If they were reciting vocal prayers or the Psalms, they did so alternately; if aspirations or prayers from the heart, “they rivaled one another” [these are Gemma’s words] that is, they had a holy rivalry as to whom would say them with more fervor saying ‘Viva Gesu’ or ‘Benedetto di Dio ’ and other such beautiful invocations.

Wow. I bought her book a few weeks ago…
after reading Padre Pio "Send Me Your Guardian Angel " book
I’ve only read two chapters so far.
I believe she even received a stigmata - before she died at a young age.

Christ was not a “private revelation”

The Gospel is the most public and universal of all revelations.

This is an EXCELLENT book about private revelations, I would recommend reading it:

https://www.amazon.com/Still-Small-Voice-Practical-Revelations/dp/0898704367/ref=asc_df_0898704367/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312115051380&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10325313203962891224&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9060547&hvtargid=pla-573450458772&psc=1

Okay - bought it - look forward - to this one ! Thanks -

Well, I’m on Page 50 - of 164 pages -
and it’s been a somewhat boring read,
I like Fr. Benedict Groeschel a lot, too -
but this book has been all about ‘what’s true and what’s not true’
And what is true - you don’t need to believe…
Even if the church approves of it.
Just trust in the Bible…first and foremost.
And it goes into the reasons why some people would lie -
or distort - or exaggerate - a possible vision -
or why they’d report something falsely - etc

I like reading about Saints - and their visions -
Because they sound so human - and interesting.

I think it’s less about lying (although I guess that’s possible too) than it is the possibility that the vision was specific to that person at that time and place. Maybe God showed someone particular imagery because that’s what they needed to see at that moment for spiritual growth. It doesn’t mean that the vision was meant to be taken as universal truth.

What I just know if you believed in Jesus you goto Heaven.

But you would agree that belief alone is not enough, correct?

Angels don’t exist in time.

We don’t know the number, but based on what some saints have said, it could be in the trillions. St Padre Pio said there are more demons active on Earth than the number of humans that have ever lived since Adam.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.