Angela Merkel, German chancellor, is Time 'Person of the Year'

Time Person of the Year 2015

1. Angela Merkel - German chancellor since the 2005 election, leader of the CDU

2. Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi - head of the Islamic State militant group

3. Donald Trump - business magnate seeking Republican nomination as US presidential candidate

4. Black Lives Matter - activist group campaigning against violence towards black people, notably in the US

5. Hassan Rouhani - president of Iran since 2013

6. Travis Kalanick - US entrepreneur, founder of the Uber transportation network firm

7. Caitlyn Jenner - born Bruce Jenner, became 1976 Olympic decathlon champion, officially changed name and gender in 2015

[bbc.com/news/world-europe-35048796](http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35048796)

Felt like I was going to be sick when I heard the winner, but then I looked at 2, 4, and 7 and felt better. Trump should have won it for his political fearlessness.

If it makes you feel any better, the Time Person of the Year thing is just a marketing tool to sell more magazines at year’s end.

If I am not mistaken, the outcry their lack of coverage of Charles Lindbergh in 1927 is what got that going.

I also was sick when I heard of the winner. I didn’t realize who else was in the race for person of the year. really glad it was not Caitlyn.
I would like to know how the German people feel about her winning person of the year by Time magazine. I stopped reading Time ages ago.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.