Angels in your life?

Just thought I'd start a topic about Angels.

Has anyone ever seen one or felt the presence of one? If so please tell us your experience.

How do you "Connect" with your Guardian Angel.

Until just a few days ago, I never really thought much about Angels in our lives. So I'm very interested in hearing what others have to say about them.

if you ever find yourself talking to one, ( like you hear a voice in your head ) one thing I think we should all do is ask them, in the name of Jesus, who they are.

We dont know if we could be speaking to an angel or some sort of bad thing.

I think also we arnt allowed to talk about it, if weve had the encounters for some reason ( on this forum ) but I could pm you my stories if you want.

yeah, it's against TOS to take this further then simply talking about them in general. There are a lot of heated debates that arise with certain topics, even though some/many should still be allowed, but since they resulted in nastyness from debaters going at each other, which does not represent Catholic.com then it's understandable they made that conservative choice. I'm sure as well, it's costing them money to moderate those types of discussions.

Since we are not supposed to discuss experiences like what you are talking about, perhaps we could instead talk about devotions that the folks around here have to angels (incl. but not limited to St Michael, St. Raphael, and St. Gabriel). Anyone?

[quote="adelore, post:1, topic:181843"]
Just thought I'd start a topic about Angels.

Has anyone ever seen one or felt the presence of one? If so please tell us your experience.

How do you "Connect" with your Guardian Angel.

Until just a few days ago, I never really thought much about Angels in our lives. So I'm very interested in hearing what others have to say about them.

[/quote]

Hi,

I would like to share an experience I had only a few months ago.
I have just lost my big brother at the young age of 57 from Cancer.
One night during my sleep I experienced a fluttering sensation against my ear and on my shoulder. I ignored it thinking it may have been a dream and in the dream it may have been a mouse.
The same sensation made itself present twice more and on the third time I felt the sensation move down and with small jumping feelings down along my legs.
It wasn't till the morning that I thought...that was an angel!! But during the night I ignored it instead of acknowledging.
Yes I believe we all have Guardian Angels, that is written and that is what I were taught at school. 'Oh Guardian Angel, my Guardian dear, to whom Gods love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to Light and guard, to ule and Guide..Amen.

And....that ends that idea. lol :)

Adelore, in answer to your question about how to speak to angels, just pray to them. Talk to your Guardian Angel like you might to a friend. Or you can look up prayers to Guardian Angels on google and you'll find some.

Here's a CAF thread basically identical to this one that's full of angel encounters people have experienced.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I guess I didn't know we weren't suppose to bring up a topic like I did, with the questions I had asked. Please forgive me.

Yes by all means please PM me with your experience, if anyone would like to share it.

Thank you to the link, I'm going to go there right now and read it.

Again, Thank you everyone for your replies, I'm sorry I goofed with the way I brought this topic up.

Loads of people have done the same thing with various kinds of threads asking about people's mystical experiences. Don't worry about it at all.

I try to pray to my guardian angel every day asking him to guide me so that I may do the will of God, to help me in all that I do, and to protect me. I will also ask him to help me drive safely and to remind me of things.

The Church encourages us to pray to our Guardian Angels and ask them for assistance, we should not however try to ‘contact’ them or to feel their presence… if God wants this, it will happen, if He does not, then we should rely on faith :slight_smile:

Great ideas :).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.