Angels seen at mass

In this case the eyewitness backs up photographic, and the photographic backs up the eyewitness.

i wouldn’t count on seeing anything out of the ordinary at catholic mass

raphael is an archangel, not a guardian angel

Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Rague, Phanuel, Sariel are listed as archangels according to Jewish and Catholic Tradition.

Raphael is one of the seven angels who stand before God, ready and enter before the glory of the lord of spirits

Rev. 8z;2 Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. 3 And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer,

According to Fr. James he gave his guardian angel the name Raphael an angel that stands before God as I witnessed in Mass.

Maybe the Raphael Archangel you are confused about is the Raphael = God who heals, who healed the blind man in the book of Tobit.

There are myriads of angels during each and every Liturgical Mass.

See Daniel; Thrones were set up
and the Ancient One took his throne.
His clothing was bright as snow,
and the hair on his head as white as wool;
His throne was flames of fire,
with wheels of burning fire.
A surging stream of fire
flowed out from where he sat;
Thousands upon thousands were ministering to him,
and myriads upon myriads attended him.

i wouldn’t get too obsessed over the angels and their “names”

we have a guardian angel assigned to us; we are not supposed to give this spiritual being a name

God has already done that

We are not supposed to give non-canonical names. Thus Raphael stands. Raphael is a canonical name according to Catholic Tradition.

gabe, don’t be a nut job

Guilty as charged of being a nut according to your standards of the Mass. When I see with the eyes of faith something new every time at Mass and extraordinary. Jesus body, blood, soul and divinity and what’s more nuttier to your ordinary standards, I consume these.

God bless you. we are all on the same team

settle down

don’t worry about the angels

they help us

I agree with gabe. I see wonderful things at Mass almost every time I’m there; including the devil trying to get me to leave. Mass is a miracle and I’d be surprised if angels didn’t attend.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit