Angels?

I’m supposing this is the correct place to post; I’m sorry to you all if it is not. This will only be my third post, I believe, and after browsing some of the other subforums, I couldn’t find one that particularly fit… Again, sorry.

At any rate - I come in search of information on angels. I know the story of The Fall and some other basic principals and such, but I’d really like to learn more. Something more in-depth, if that is at all possible, and I don’t particularly trust the bookstores near me to carry any such literature or for any staff there to be of help. Nor do I trust the internet for accurate information (I’ve been online since early elementary school, so I’ve learned not to take much seriously).

I digress - does anyone have any idea as to where I could find some actual information on angels?

Well, I don’t know if this will help, but there seems to be a discussion about angels and the Fall; here’s the link: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=181853 Maybe you might find the discussion there helpful in some way…

New Advent has the Catholic Encyclopedia online and is useful. Just go to newadvent.org and type angels in the search box to get multiple entries.

Catholic Culture is great as well – catholicculture.org. I especially like them because they rate other Catholic sites as to fidelity, etc. A search for angels turns up multiple hits, including Pope John Paul II’s Catechesis on the Angels.

The Catechism also has info on angels but it may not be as extensive as you are looking for.

Thank you very much, both of you. Currently, I am at school, but I will definitely look into what you recommended as soon as I get home.

@Milliardo:: Nice signature, btw.

Welcome to the Forum. :slight_smile:

Two very good books on the topic of angels are Mortimer Adler’s Angels and Us, and Cdl. Jean Danielou’s The Angels and Their Mission According to the Fathers of the Church

catholic.com/thisrock/1991/9111revw.asp

I’d recommend “Angels and Demons: What Do We Really Know About Them?” by Dr. Peter Kreeft. Prof. Kreeft is a Catholic philosopher, and expert in the philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas, and this book is very readable and informative.

Blessings,

Gerry

The Mystical City of God has some very interesting information on their creation…

Thats a great place to start!

EWTN this week is running the portion of the series by Fr. Corapi entitled Immortal Combat, pt 6,…he speaks of angels, and fallen angels,…if you have access to EWTN, I highly recommend it.
For a long time I was a teensy bit skeptical about the belief of angels, but after watching that,…I’m convinced.:slight_smile:

A most excellent site: www.opusangelorum.org

"Upon a lofty throne I saw a Man sitting, Whom a multitude of Angels adore singing together: Behold Him the name of Whose empire is ‘forever more’ "

Taken from the Introit from the Sunday after the Epiphany, Traditional Latin Mass.

Welllll…you could always ask us! :smiley:
Good call on not trusting the various websites around. There’s a lot of new-agey gluck out there…shuddering really…

You can also find audio resources if you go to the EWTN website and and do a search in their audio archives.

ewtn.com/

I know of at least one multi-episode series done on the angels there – there may be more.

You can hear audio of the aforementioned Catholic philosopher Dr. Peter Kreeft get in depth on angels over at his website here.

Thank you very much, all of you. I really appreciate all of the responses. ^^

closed #14

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.