Anger Management

Please pray for me, as I am getting angry at my roommate. I really don’t like him, and I am getting tired of his poor manners and behavior. Thank you for your prayers!

praying

Lord please be with this roomate situation. Help your child to show the love you have shown him to this roomate. Help him see him through your eyes and to lift these frustrations to you. THANK YOU for doing abundantly more than we could ask or think!
mlz

You cannot control how others act or respond, but you can make changes that need to be made on your part. Overcoming one’s temper is not something that is usually accomplished overnight. But with reliance upon God through prayer for help, Bible study, and reliance upon God’s Holy Spirit, it can be overcome. As one has allowed anger to become entrenched in one’s life by habitual practice, one must also practice responding correctly until it too becomes a habit replacing the old ways.
Proverbs 22:24-25
Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn his ways and get yourself ensnared.

Proverbs 29:22
An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins.

Proverbs 30:33
For as churning the milk produces butter, and as twisting the nose produces blood, so stirring up anger produces strif

Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

Colossians 3:21
Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.

Ephesians 4:25-27
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.

Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

James 1: 17-20
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

2 Timothy 2:23-24
Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful

Psalm 37:8
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.

Psalm 145: 8-9
The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

Proverbs 14:17
A quick-tempered man does foolish things, and a crafty man is hated.

Proverbs 15:18
A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel.

Proverbs 16:32
Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

I don’t think you need prayers. You should really work on fixing this. Just get to know the guy; and let him get to know you. Try to understand him and his ways, and see if you can work with that. Make connections in order for cooperation.

If it’s really that bad, however, then, just ignore him and continue with your life. :rolleyes: Regardless, it’s best to continue to show him reasonable kindness–you know, the type that won’t allow him to walk all over you-- in hopes that he will return the favor…

Good luck.

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Well said…
May the Lord grant you peace and love, and remind you that He said, “pray for your enemies.”

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying!

Praying for peace in this situation!

Praying…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.