Anglican catechism sufficient?

I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.

I am currently taking Anglican catechism and will be confirmed in April.

I am baptized in the Catholic Church and took catechism and then communion, but many years ago , was not confirmed, and have not regularly attended mass.

If I later decide to return to the RC church, would my Anglican catechism and confirmation be accepted , or would I be required to retake Catholic catechism, confirmation?

Thank you.

I don't think so as the Anglicans don't have valid orders or consecrations. They broke the chain of Apostalic Succession centuries ago. Therefore no valid priesthood. Before making that leap I would consult a Catholic priest.

Thank you for this direction. :slight_smile:

No, an Anglican confirmation is not valid in the eyes of the Catholic Church, nor is Anglican communion. The Anglican/Episcopal Church does not have valid bishops in apostolic succession.

Please think twice before boarding a sinking ship. The Church of England is very much going in the wrong direction, from a Christian point of view.

No. Anglican confirmation is not valid.

I would encourage you to return to the Catholic Church now. Why the delay and detour through Anglicanism?

Correct. You would need some level of instruction in the Catholic faith, your pastor would determine the extent. You would then need to go to Reconciliation and receive Confirmation.

This AC says Catholic, Reformed Episcopal and they say they have apostolic succession as well. :confused:

[quote="PaulfromIowa, post:4, topic:311214"]
No, an Anglican confirmation is not valid in the eyes of the Catholic Church, nor is Anglican communion. The Anglican/Episcopal Church does not have valid bishops in apostolic succession.

Please think twice before boarding a sinking ship. The Church of England is very much going in the wrong direction, from a Christian point of view.

[/quote]

[quote="LoveMercyGrace, post:6, topic:311214"]
This AC says Catholic, Reformed Episcopal and they say they have apostolic succession as well. :confused:

[/quote]

Saying it does not make it true.

Please go talk to your local Catholic pastor. You are a Catholic, I encourage you to return to the practice of your faith in the fullness of the Catholic Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.