Anglican Realignment

A draft of a constitution detailing a proposed realignment of the worldwide Anglican Communion became public this week, outlining for the first time how divisions over homosexuality may change the face of the more than 70-million-member church.

The unsourced and undated four-page document, named “The Organizing Constitution of the Anglican Global Initiative,” has been circulating among some executive members of the Episcopal Church since January, after it was brought to the church’s New York headquarters following a meeting of African bishops in Nairobi.

Progressive Episcopalians of Pittsburgh, a group of clergy and lay people, made the document available on its Web site. Its existence was first reported this week by the Guardian newspaper in Great Britain…"

post-gazette.com/pg/05167/522446.stm

Interesting, but being undated, unsigned and unsourced, I would take it with a big grain of salt.

Is God happy with Christian sects that change His commandments or ordain practicing homosexuals?

The Catholic Church has allways remained loyal to God and has allways, is, and allways will prosper under God.

[quote=Malachi4U]Is God happy with Christian sects that change His commandments or ordain practicing homosexuals?

The Catholic Church has allways remained loyal to God and has allways, is, and allways will prosper under God.
[/quote]

I suspect that God (although I cannot speak for Him), may be quite unhappy with all of His churches, our divisions, our persistent folly in not aligning ourselves together as a formidable power in the world and our consistent rationalizations in demeaning, persecuting and trying to humiliate each other.

I shall not even attempt to address those who labor in His vineyard, seeking their personal and sinful agendas to reshape, and reformulate all that is good and sacred into the profane and sinful.

[quote=geezerbob]Interesting, but being undated, unsigned and unsourced, I would take it with a big grain of salt.
[/quote]

I’d use the salt but I’d also see it as a “trial balloon”.

[quote=Malachi4U]Is God happy with Christian sects that change His commandments or ordain practicing homosexuals?

[/quote]

I don’t know about this. I mean no disrespect or uncharity, but the Roman Catholic church is the only church I know of that has no objection to ordaining homosexual priests. By allowing men who identify themselves as homosexual to enter the priesthood on the stipulation that they are not openly practicing…well… think about it. Why identify yourself as any sort of sexual at all unless you are engaged in it? Just seems a bit out of whack.

[quote=TheAnglican]I don’t know about this. I mean no disrespect or uncharity, but the Roman Catholic church is the only church I know of that has no objection to ordaining homosexual priests. /QUOTE

Read. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anna
[/quote]

[quote=TheAnglican]I don’t know about this. I mean no disrespect or uncharity, but the Roman Catholic church is the only church I know of that has no objection to ordaining homosexual priests.
[/quote]

Read. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anna

[quote=Anna Elizabeth]Read. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anna
[/quote]

:tiphat: I’m still scratching my head over the OP.

[quote=HagiaSophia]A draft of a constitution detailing a proposed realignment of the worldwide Anglican Communion became public this week, outlining for the first time how divisions over homosexuality may change the face of the more than 70-million-member church.

The unsourced and undated four-page document, named “The Organizing Constitution of the Anglican Global Initiative,” has been circulating among some executive members of the Episcopal Church since January, after it was brought to the church’s New York headquarters following a meeting of African bishops in Nairobi.

Progressive Episcopalians of Pittsburgh, a group of clergy and lay people, made the document available on its Web site. Its existence was first reported this week by the Guardian newspaper in Great Britain…"

post-gazette.com/pg/05167/522446.stm
[/quote]

Thanks for posting all these news items :slight_smile:

[quote=Gottle of Geer]## Thanks for posting all these news items :slight_smile: ##
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.