Anglican Use Priesthood

My grandmother is a pretty devout episcolpalien. If she become Catholic, would this in any way open the door to me being an Anglican Use Priest? If not, there's always the Fssp on my Latin radar...
Isn't the Anglican Use priesthood pretty exclusive at this time?
PS
pray for her conversion!:)

[quote="John_of_Patmos, post:1, topic:277344"]
My grandmother is a pretty devout episcolpalien. If she become Catholic, would this in any way open the door to me being an Anglican Use Priest? If not, there's always the Fssp on my Latin radar...
Isn't the Anglican Use priesthood pretty exclusive at this time?
PS
pray for her conversion!:)

[/quote]

Really there is no such thing as an Anglican Use Priest.

The Anglican use is a rite within the Roman Catholic Church. Any priest in the Roman Church may celebrate it with the permission of his ordinary. The priests assigned to the Anglican Ordinate would exclusively celebrate this use.

To be assigned to one of these parishes you would most likely need to belong to one of them as a member and go through the Ordinates vocation processes to be a seminarian for the ordinate.

So I could occasionally offer this mass in the FSSP?
Or are they strictly only Latin Mass…

[quote="John_of_Patmos, post:3, topic:277344"]
So I could occasionally offer this mass in the FSSP?
Or are they strictly only Latin Mass...

[/quote]

The FSSP use the extraordinary form of the Mass. They can concelebrate the OF but they normally do not do such.

Also, even if a religious group exclusively offers the EF Mass the priests are free to celebrate the OF privately as I do not believe that the ordinary can restrict that in any way. But I may be mistaken.

Do they have a seminary, or are all their current priests ex episcopaliens?

There is no separate seminary. Right now I believe that the majority of priests within the ordinate are ex-episcopalian priests but it is just a use within the Roman Church. There would be no need for a separate seminary. You would apply to the ordinate to be a seminarian for it and they would send you to a seminary. You would have to learn how to celebrate the use but that could easily be done out side of the seminary.

[quote="ByzCath, post:6, topic:277344"]
There is no separate seminary. Right now I believe that the majority of priests within the ordinate are ex-episcopalian priests but it is just a use within the Roman Church. There would be no need for a separate seminary. You would apply to the ordinate to be a seminarian for it and they would send you to a seminary. You would have to learn how to celebrate the use but that could easily be done out side of the seminary.

[/quote]

Would the ordinariate sponsor me, like a diocese would?
:shrug:

[quote="John_of_Patmos, post:7, topic:277344"]

[/quote]

Here is the website for the Ordinariate in the United States.
The Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter

From a quick scan of the site it appears that only former Anglicans can be members of the Ordinariate. So it is doubtful that you would be accepted, especially if you do not regularly worship in one of their parishes. You could try to contact them though,

I see in your listing of religion you have "Roman Catholic considering Eastern Catholicism" so what do the EF, the FSSP, and the Anglican Use have to do with considering Eastern Catholicism?

[quote="John_of_Patmos, post:7, topic:277344"]

[/quote]

In principle, yes. However, they don't have much money since they only started Jan. 1.

This all depends on being able to join the Ordinariate. They do have a designated seminary, St. Mary's in Houston. This is where the formation is being coordinated for the first wave of Ordinariate clergy. However, you would need some background in the Anglican tradition, normally.

If you really were in love with the Ordinariate liturgical Use, then I suppose you could petition the Ordinary, Jeffrey Steenson, for admission, and join a forming group.

If you are celibate, that would help things.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.