Anglicans and Catholics

When you think about it, Anglican criticisms about Catholic “innovations” like Papal Infallibility, Universal Ordinary Jurisdiction, and the Immaculate Conception, ring pretty hollow in view of Anglican ordination of women. I wonder how many Anglicans realize that?

Lots.

GKC

Who knows with the Anglicans…all one has to do is open the Bible and it say…NO NO to women priests… the ordination of women as Priests is why I left the Episcopal church…

Thankfully, the Anglican Church does not take issue with the option of marriage for their priest.

time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1896581,00.html

God Bless!

Wow, what a wonderful, fair article on the merits of celibacy, which is obviously written by well catechised Catholic who is no doubt a very devout Catholic that attends Mass regularly and knows alot of priests personally…:rolleyes:

Good grief…

Hi Emeraldcoast…

I agree... and feel Priests should be allowed to marry.. BUT, I will tell you as you must know.. it takes a special woman to be married to a man of the the cloth.  She should be just as Holy as he is.  I do think that women Deacons are a great idea....I am sure some women have a hard time relateing women's issues to their Priest sometimes.  I know my former Epsicopal Deacon , a woman, was wonderful.  

ok , that’s my opinion for now !!! GOD BLESS… and Happy Mother’s Day to all the MOMS out there !!!

Hi JohnTrueHeart,

Thank you for the Mother’s Day wishes!

I have been told the same thing that it takes a special woman to be a military spouse.:slight_smile: I knew what I was getting into some 23 years ago–kind of…:wink:

We have a married, military spouse, and a mother associate priest at our Church. This has truly been a blessing for me as a woman to be able to speak frankly with a her about my faith, my doubts, being a mom, and a spouse of a military officer that is not home this Mother’s Day. I can also tell you that she has been a wonderful blessing to a Mom of 4 small children that is dying of Cancer. I am not saying that I have an issue with male priest–I love our rector ! It is kind of like when you are a child and you go to your Dad for some things and your Mom for other things. I hope that this makes sense.

God Bless!
Happy Mother’s Day!

I think the vast majority Anglican Primates do not ordain women.

We could learn much from the Anglican Communion, trust me.

Certainly.

But I’d be careful what I learned.

GKC

Anglicanus Catholicus

Within the 38 jurisdictions in the official Anglican Communion, only seven do not ordain females, at all. An additional three ordain only to the diaconate.

My figures may be out of date, and they come from Wiki, but they match what I have learned from listening around.

GKC

Definately agree here! What could we learn from the Anglican church? Allowing Gay bishops? women priests?

It’s our Anglican brothers and sisters who have much to learn, not the other way around.

Some of them, yes.

By the way, I’m Anglican

GKC

Is there a type of sin that the Anglican/Episcopal Church condemns? It seems like anything goes…:cool:

Depends on which Anglican you are thinking of.

GKC

Aye. Some respect for liturgy, proper music and choirs. :smiley:

I was referring to the article that EmeraldCoast linked to about the celebacy problems of Fr. Cutie.

It was complete drivel, written by somebody that has no clue about what celibacy is and somebody that obviously cannot fathom even the very idea that a man can be celibate. One priest that strays does not make the case against celibacy.

When it comes to celibacy, we have nothing to learn form the Anglicans…

Q: What is sin?
A: Sin is the seeking of our own will instead of the will of God, thus distorting our relationship with God, with other people, and with all creation.

Q: How does sin have power over us?
A: Sin has power over us because we lose our liberty when our relationship with God is distorted.

Q: What is redemption?
A: Redemption is the act of God which sets us free from the power of evil, sin, and death.

Q: How did God prepare us for redemption?
A: God sent the prophets to call us back to himself, to show us our need for redemption, and to announce the coming of the Messiah.

Q: What is meant by the Messiah?
A: The Messiah is one sent by God to free us from the power of sin, so that with the help of God we may live in harmony with God, within ourselves, with our neighbors, and with all creation.

Q: Who do we believe is the Messiah?
A: The Messiah, or Christ, is Jesus of Nazareth, the only Son of God.

episcopalchurch.org/visitors_11787_ENG_HTM.htm

Would you like to me to post links to Episcopal/Anglican sermons on sin?
Here are a couple for starters…
stmargaretsdcsermons.blogspot.com/
stmargaretsedmonton.blogspot.com/2009/03/sermon-for-lent-4-numbers-214-9-and_22.html

God Bless!

Did you mean to say that the majority don’t have women bishops?

The majority of the jurisdictions within the 38 members of the Anglican Communion do not have females in miters, nor are such authorized. How long this will be true, no one knows.

GKC

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.