Anglicans in Kenya Draw a Line in the Sand

The Anglican Church of Kenya has severed links with the Episcopal Church of America and demanded its expulsion from the global communion.

The announcement at the end of a three-day meeting in Nairobi was made amidst revelation that the head of the parent church in England, archbishop Rowan William would be visiting Kenya on July 20.

The church made the move over ECUSA’s endorsement of Dr Gene Robinson, a 59-year-old homosexual bishop who divorced his wife to live with a male partner.

Besides foregoing unspecified financial aid, the Kenyan Church would also not send its clergy for training at churches that recognise lesbianism and homosexuality.

“Unless they repent and recant same sex marriage, we have nothing to do with them,” said archbishop Benjamin Nzimbi who chaired the meeting at All Saints Cathedral, Nairobi.

Nzimbi said Kenya’s stand was communicated at last week’s meeting of the Anglican Consultative Council, which is the top decision-making organ of the Anglican Communion.

eastandard.net/hm_news/news.php?articleid=24215

:eek: Wow, thats a step closer to the day Anglican Bishops wake up and realise they’re in an apostate Church. Okay strong words but we gotta remember they claim to be Catholic. But they too disrespect the Eucharist and ordain women and homosexuals! I’ve even read off Anglican Ministers (who may or may not have valid ordination as some have been ordained by Orthodox bishops) who feed the birds with their communion hosts after mass. :eek: Maybe one day they’ll work up the courage to come back home.

[quote=twiztedseraph]:eek: Wow, thats a step closer to the day Anglican Bishops wake up and realise they’re in an apostate Church. Okay strong words but we gotta remember they claim to be Catholic. But they too disrespect the Eucharist and ordain women and homosexuals! I’ve even read off Anglican Ministers (who may or may not have valid ordination as some have been ordained by Orthodox bishops) who feed the birds with their communion hosts after mass. :eek: Maybe one day they’ll work up the courage to come back home.
[/quote]

Betcha a nickle you can’t find a case of an Orthodox ordaining/confirmang an Anglican. Old Catholic/PNCC, yes. Orthodox, no.

GKC

Anglicanus Catholicus

The Episcopalian Church in my area recently changed to an Anglican Church for the same reasons and now they have a bishop in Africa. It’s things like this that really make you appreciate the unity of the Catholic Church. I couldn’t imagine not even being united with the Churches of my own religion in my own country and having a bishop halfway across the planet.

Why don’t they just leave and become part of the Anglican Rite in the Roman Church?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.