The news article is from November, 2013. The Angolan government has denied that Islam was being “banned” or that all mosques were being closed. Here is some clarification of what was happening last year:
David Ja, a spokesman for local Muslims, challenged the government’s account and said that a number of mosques had already been closed.
But according to the ministry of culture, those closures were related to a lack of necessary land titles, building licenses or other official documents.
A witness in the province of Uige (Carmona) told Al Jazeera that the closed mosques were hastility built by expatriate communities from west and north Africa who needed a place to perform Friday prayers.
“It’s true that several mosques have been destroyed and others simply shut down in the last few months. Most of the mosques that were destroyed were built without government permission. Two authorised mosques in Luanda are still operating without a problem. I have not heard of any official decision to ban Islam or prohibit Muslim prayers in mosques.” Ahmed ould Taher told Al Jazeera.
I am not sure why this old news story has re-surfaced, but I guess the nature of social media has something to do with it.