Animal Crossing: City Folk for Wii

Hello all,

Just got the game and was wondering if anyone around here plays. I'm new and would love some tips and pointers. Plus, I'd be interested in PMing information so that we can visit each others' towns. So if you have Animal Crossing: City Folk on the Nintendo Wii, please post.

God bless.

We have the game, well I should say that is the ONLY game we have on wii. I will say it can be a little addicting. A few tips that I might have is to weed, weed, weed. You should talk to every critter that wants to talk to you and be nice. I got the manual for animal crossing, 19.95. My son advised against this but this is tipical of the male species, no instructions required. There are however many hints in the manual. Fishing is where the money is, and if you get a coconut washed up on the beach, plant it. In a couple of days you should have a coconut tree as long as you plant it close to the beach. Good Luck and have fun.:D

Don't forget to shake the trees in town to get 100 bells that fall from them. There are also two pieces of furniture randomly placed in the trees every day. So make sure you find them or they will be gone the next day. Use the slingshot to get the floating presents.

Donate fish, bugs, paintings, and fossils to the museum. On Saturday evenings (I believe 8pm)...go to the coffee shop in the museum to see the dog play music and you can make requests of preprogrammed songs in it too.

Visit the city and go to the far left to find a door. Knock on it and you will come across Redd. Talk to one of your villagers repeatedly over time and one of them will mention Redd. They'll send you an invitation to Redd's store. Go to the store and get unique things!

Fun game, but it can eat up a lot of time. Certain bugs and fishes come out at certain times and months. Don't forget to play on Thanksgiving to meet the Turkey (I believe it will be by the town hall).

Have fun!

I wish they had NES or even SNES games in this version . The one for the Gamecube had NES games you could find and play.

joly, I planted my first coconut a couple days ago. Looks like the tree is nearly full grown. Thanks for all your advice.

Arkadin, I had no idea that there were exactly two pieces of furniture each day, and I will definitely have to check out Saturday evenings at the coffee shop. I just got the invitation to Redd's today... from my husband. Apparently he hit it off with one of the townsfolk his first day and got an invite his second.

I have two questions (probably many, many more as well, but I'm mostly interested in "living" the game rather than discovering every single last little piece of it).
1. How do you get music for your radio at home?
2. Does Redd ever expand his store?

God bless.

[quote="ElizabethAnne, post:4, topic:219501"]
joly, I planted my first coconut a couple days ago. Looks like the tree is nearly full grown. Thanks for all your advice.

Arkadin, I had no idea that there were exactly two pieces of furniture each day, and I will definitely have to check out Saturday evenings at the coffee shop. I just got the invitation to Redd's today... from my husband. Apparently he hit it off with one of the townsfolk his first day and got an invite his second.

I have two questions (probably many, many more as well, but I'm mostly interested in "living" the game rather than discovering every single last little piece of it).
1. How do you get music for your radio at home?
2. Does Redd ever expand his store?

God bless.

[/quote]

Arkadin told you about the dog in the coffee shop on Saturday night, after you listen to the song he will give it to you (it look like a music note in you pockets) take it home and put it in your raido. I have never seen Redd expand his store but he will sell you fake art:( If you pay off your home loan the store owner will ask you if you want to expand you home. If you do his store will also expand. Talk to the other animals alot. One of them is bound to ask you to play hid n seek.

The dog in the coffee shop provides you the tunes. You can search on the internet for a list of all the songs so you can request one you like or you can simply have him choose one. You get only one song every Saturday.

Redd does not expand his store. He does sell fake art (you won't know until you bring it to the museum); however, he DOES sell REAL art too. You just have to hope the best!

I think if you visit another person's town or have someone visit yours, Tom Nook will expand his store to the final version "Nookingtons". Two floors with his kids (or nephews) working with him.

Be careful of bees! Medicine will fix you up from their sting. Stock up on that. And cabinets can store a bunch of items so you don't have clutter. Also, keep looking to the skies for those balloon presents. You get some rare Mario items from them. You'll hear a weird wind/gush sound if they are nearby.

And check out the lost and found (and the recycling bin at the post office) everyday. It's the two watchdogs at the town gate. You might find some random items.

Arkadin,

Thanks for the tip on the lost and found. I was afraid to take things at first because I thought maybe they actually belonged to someone who would actually come looking for them and then be upset that I claimed their items.

I’ve had a few balloon presents now. Before the store was upgraded I couldn’t get them because I didn’t have the slingshot.

One of the townspeople asked me to play hide and seek the other day. I know I’ve never played a game where that was an option before. It was really cute, and I was able to win and get a prize. Though, one of the animals was angry because she lost. Lol!

God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.