Animals do have immortal souls

It’s rather annoying too. It’s always, “Show me proof! Show me in the Bible!”

Everyone then goes through lengthy research and dissertations to prove something. And the response? “I disagree with that.” or “I don’t think you’re interpreting that correctly”.

In other words, you could go around the mulberry bush on this one until Little Bo Peep‘s sheep come home :unamused::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

Exactly. I’ve been caught up on that merry-go-round once too often. No more. If they truly seek answers to their baiting questions, they can speak to a theologian or study the writings of the Doctors of the Church. Getting involved with dialogue with such persons is a fruitless endeavor.

I’ll answer them a few times. But after a point it’s clear that they have an agenda and it’s less about dialogue/answers and more about wearing you down and/or setting a trap.

If you call them out on their scheme they’ll claim, “I would believe if there was proof!” Yeah, okay, good luck with that. We could’ve debated Saul until we were blue in the face and he still would’ve demanded our stoning. It required Divine Intervention to open his eyes to the truth.

What makes me resentful is discovering, more often than not, that the questioner doesn’t really want an answer. Rather, they are looking to score points over the poor, deluded Catholics and exalt themselves in their own eyes. I have even had this experience with other Catholics who were of a more liberal cast than I. It causes me to have ill feeling toward others, which horrifies me, and the dialogue also usually becomes a waste of time and energy. More than once I have recommended people go to their local parish priest and hash out their concerns.

I’ve recommended a few people to throw paint on a wall and as it dries debate themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

Answer the question, please. Why are you so skeptical that these things happen?

Either the Pope was kidding or he’s not a cat lover.

Isn’t God everything we need to be happy?

yes

God is everything you need to be happy

i think we can all agree that God did not grant mammals/insects/ amphibians/ reptiles immortal souls

a previous poster had said that “horses” are in heaven

i had heard that lambs & sheep are in heaven

so; we’ll see when we get there

God willing…

I wrote a short story wherein the chrubs play polo on ponies in Heaven. Yep. And I really believe it, too!CuNt

post it. i’ll read it!

the riders in your "gif’ don’t look like “cherubs” to me…

Nah. Those are tough to get.
Actually the polo-playing cherubs is just something the main character, a badly-behaving talking horse, mentions in an extended, demented rant. It just finally got published in April. It’s just a little ribald. Does obliquely reference Aquinas’ Quinque Viae, tho. Lol!

well, post your short story

l’'ll’ve read it

under you under copyrights laws?

Thanks. Will PM it to you, if the rights have reverted back. Have to check on that…

I haven’t seen any independent verification that a dead dog can come back from the dead and communicate with his owner. Would it be the whole dog with his entire body that comes back from the dead, or would it be a skeleton of the dead dog that lives, or would it be a ghost that no one but the owner can see?

having been forced to lose more dogs tan i care to think about

this poem , which has more or less become a cliche’ has given me some comfort

RainbowBridge.com Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…

Author unknown

images%20(3)

tumblr_orghra1XT11skdz50o1_500

That reminds of that scene in Dante’s Paradiso

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.