Animals that are tortured for sport

Brothers and Sisters in Christ. I am not really an activist, but I do sign petitions sometimes. I saw one where someone filmed fellow employees torturing animals for fun.
I think of myself as a tough guy, but I cried like a baby while watching this, it tore me up so badly. I know we have to eat. But what I saw was not part of that process. Please pray with me.

Heavenly Father, our human ties with our friends of other species is wonderful and special gift from You. We now ask You to grant our special animal companions your Fatherly care and healing power to take away any suffering they have. Give us, their human friends, new understanding of our responsibilities to these creatures of Yours. They have trust in us as we have in You; our souls and theirs are on this earth together to give one another friendship, affection, and caring. Take our heartfelt prayers and fill Your ill or suffering animals with healing Light and strength to overcome whatever weakness of body they have.
Please help:
Animals being tortured by food company employees for sport, as seen on hidden film.

Your goodness is turned upon every living thing and Your grace flows to all Your creatures. From our souls to theirs goodness flows, touching each of us with the reflection of Your love. Grant to our special animal companions long and healthy lives. Give them good relationships with us, and if You see fit to take them from us, help us to understand that they are not gone from us, but only drawing closer to You. Grant our prayer through the intercession of good St. Francis of Assisi, who honored You through all Your creatures. Give him the power to watch over our animal friends until they are safely with You in eternity, where we someday hope to join them in giving You honor forever. Amen.

Prayer lovingly borrowed from heavenlydivinecustomrosary.com/

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

St. Francis, please intercede for these helpless animals.

A Prayer for Animals (attributed to Albert Schweitzer)

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated;
for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars;
for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

Its a shame that someone could not put them in a cage and torture them, then they would get the idea of don’t do to others what you don’t like done to yourself. As I live in a Cold Country I am a the moment feeding wild foxes 3 times a week. Have a weakness for foxes. Look for bargains in meat and give it, one night one very hungry fox cried under my window of my apartment how he knew which apartment I was in was a mystery as I
feed them a little bit away from me, but sure enough I raided the Fridge and gave him what ever I had in the fridge at the time. Have to keep my Foxes happy.

Thank you for posting this intention. In a time when the number of tortured and murdered animals is growing incredibly large, and the means of such torture and murder is becoming more and more grotesque and hateful, we must pray very hard that abusers see the evil in their actions, that our animals are protected and that we obtain the grace necessary to promote change.

Hear our humble prayer, O God,
for our friends, the animals,
especially for those who are suffering;
for animals that are overworked,
underfed, and cruelly treated;
for all the wistful creatures in captivity,
that beat their wings against bars;
for any that are hunted or lost or deserted,
or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put to death.
We entreat for them all
Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them,
we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves,
to be true friends to animals
and so to share
the blessings of the Merciful.

Amen.

What a beautiful prayer. Thank you for posting it.

please report what u saw to PETA or your nearest animal control ASAP

Amen

I am a Third Order Secular Fransican. Here is a Fransican prayer for pets and animals of all kinds:

Almighty God, You love us
You created the universe
And you fashioned a
For all your creatures,
You created the birds of the air,
Beasts of the forest, dogs,
Cats, fish and the
Entire family of animals,
you made pets our companions during our
Earthly journey and
Witnesses of your faithfulness.

You blessed animals by
Placing them in the Garden
Of Eden.
You protected animals by having
Noah save them from the flood.
You honored animals by having
Jesus, Your Son born in Their midst.

Through the intercession of St. Francis,
Patron Saint of all animals,:bible1:
We ask You to bless _________________ (name),
Our beloved pet. As well as all the animals
Of the world. Amen.

Pax et Bonum

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

:knight2:

Heavenly Father, our human ties with our friends of other species are wonderful and special gifts from You. We now ask You to grant our special animal companions your Fatherly care and healing power to take away any suffering they have. Give us, their human friends, new understanding of our responsibilities to these creatures of Yours. They have trust in us as we have in You; our souls and theirs are on this earth together to give one another friendship, affection, and caring. Take our heartfelt prayers and fill Your ill or suffering animals with healing Light and strength to overcome whatever weakness of body they have.

Your goodness is turned upon every living thing and Your grace flows to all Your creatures. From our souls to theirs goodness flows, touching each of us with the reflection of Your love. Grant to our special animal companions long and healthy lives. Give them good relationships with us, and if You see fit to take them from us, help us to understand that they are not gone from us, but only drawing closer to You. Grant our prayer through the intercession of good St. Francis of Assisi, who honored You through all Your creatures. Give him the power to watch over our animal friends until they are safely with You in eternity, where we someday hope to join them in giving You honor forever. Amen.

Lord, may your light penetrate the darkness of those who torture animals for pleasure. Bring them to repentance and into your eternal kingdom, that our siblings may increase, and that they may praise your Holy Name forever.

We know that not a sparrow falls that you do not take account of. Watch over those beasts who you have created in wonder. Amen.

:gopray:

amen

Praying hard.

There isn’t a emoticon on this site to express how I’m feeling after reading all that.

There’s nothing fun about torturing animals and filming it. Ever. I’ll pray for these poor animals. :frowning:

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our safe-guard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

Praying. Thank you for this intention.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Amen

Believe me, I did that! Thanks!

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.