Animals

Hi. Lately in the news I have seen tons of scientists trying to create new animals by mixing the DNA of one with another. They are also trying to bring back extinct animals by taking DNA from preserved bones and putting them in other animals. I was wondering if there is a problem with this. It sounds pretty cool to me but then again embryonic stem cell research sounded cool to me when I first heard about it. Then I found out what it was. See why I’m asking? :slight_smile: I know humans are different from animals an this isn’t killing any animals as ESCR is killing babies. So I am just wondering if this is something just really cool science has brought us or something to go against. Thanks!

hummm Jurassic park…

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not… o.0

i would say so them people are trying to play God!!!

hi, are you sure it was the news you were watching? that’s not how DNA works.

I love how you thought I was joking. I was not joking! And I know that’s not how DNA works it was a very rough example I came up with on the top of my head. If you search for it, I am positive you will come up with something!

Think there was some old prophesy about that sort of thing, people creating something terrible, then regretting it. Do not remember it though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.