Ann Coulter..

do you like her?

i never thought i would because i didn’t like her book covers… couldn’t figure out why she dressed in those cocktail dresses…

but then i read taht she does that to irritate the liberals…

i would have read her books a long time ago if i had known *that *… :smiley:

I have found a kindred spirit… :slight_smile:

I do not know her.
Of course.
However, as far as I can tell she is wicked.

i don’t agree…

that’s strange… two Catholics not agreeing… :eek:

what’s this world coming to??

anyhow you give no info to back up your allegation… or accusation… or accusatory allegation… or alleged accusatory allegation … or what have you… :smiley:

What do you mean “wicked”. Explain.

probably a liberal… they generally don’t like to back up their accusatory allegations…

with anything that might cause people to realize they are liberal…

True, how very true!

do you know much about A Coulter?

i wish i had her book with me… she is hilarious sometimes… mabye tomorrow…

Yeah, I have 2 of her books: Treason and Guilty. I enjoy her columns. Very smart and witty and relentless against liberals.

Maybe they meant “wicked” as in the “wicked cool”… I think on Mr. Deeds, Adam Sandler’s character uses that all the time.

I’m curious to the wicked response now too… hehe.

As far as Ann Coulter goes… I have a few of her books… honestly, haven’t read them yet!! But I usually like when I hear her on the news or radio.

as stated, i would have read her books sooner if she wasn’t wearing those skimpy outfits on the covers of her books…

i think she would get more readers if she dressed in a flowery long-sleeved dress… (?)

or something…

in any case, i am certainly glad i overcame my “prejudice”…

i didn’t know what i was missing…

do you have any of her books handy… and maybe could give us some of her quotes?

i (we) could use a good laugh…

I like what she says about the Muslims… I’ve said the same kinds of things on CAF… only to be ridiculed, etc…

probably because i don’t say it with as much sardonic humor as she does… :slight_smile:

you can give them to me… :o

yeah, maybe you’re right… .maybe that’s how poster meant “wicked”…

hope so…

otherwise we may have one those oxymoron things going on…

i think that’s the word for it… :confused:

… the word for “liberal Catholic”… ?? :rolleyes:

(am i understanding the term “oxymoron” correctly??):confused:

I leant to books to a couple of friends, so they’re not handy. Must spread the wealth, you see, as The Dear Leader wishes.

wick·ed (wkd)
adj. wick·ed·er, wick·ed·est

1. Evil by nature and in practice: “this wicked man Hitler, the repository and embodiment of many forms of soul-destroying hatred” (Winston S. Churchill).
  2. Playfully malicious or mischievous: a wicked prank; a critic’s wicked wit.
  3. Severe and distressing: a wicked cough; a wicked gash; wicked driving conditions.
  4. Highly offensive; obnoxious: a wicked stench.
  5. Slang Strikingly good, effective, or skillful: a wicked curve ball; a wicked imitation.
    adv. Slang
    Used as an intensive: “a … body suit, which she describes as wicked comfortable” (Nathan Cobb).

I am basing that on the countless hours that I have observed her on Fox news and the many excerpts that I have read from her books.

I started out the claim indicating that I, obviously, did not know her. However, as far as I can tell from the media interactions that I have had, she fits this definition very well.

So, she is strikingly good and effective and hammering the liberals. I agree.

Good people do not say the garbage below. I am holding out judgement because I simply do not know her. It is possible, and I certainly hope, that this is all an act. It is painful for me to believe that these can truly be the thoughts of a fellow American.

"Liberal soccer moms are precisely as likely to receive anthrax in the mail as to develop a capacity for linear thinking. "

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren’t punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That’s war. And this is war. "

nationalreview.com/coulter/coulter.shtml

"Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America’s self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant. "

"“If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president. It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women. It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it’s the party of women and 'We’ll pay for health care and tuition and day care – and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?”

“I was going to have a few comments about John Edwards but you have to go into rehab if you use the word ******.” --at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference

“These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband’s deaths so much.” -on 9/11 widows who have been critical of the Bush administration

“My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.”

“Press passes can’t be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President.”

“Gore said foreigners are not worried about ‘what the terrorist networks are going to do, but about what we’re going to do.’ Good. They should be worried. They hate us? We hate them. Americans don’t want to make Islamic fanatics love us. We want to make them die. There’s nothing like horrendous physical pain to quell anger. Japanese Kamikazes pilots hated us once, too. A couple of well-aimed nuclear weapons got their attention. Now they are gentle little lambs.”

This stuff is downright genteel compared to the stuff liberals say (with impunity).

No I dont like her. She reminds me of the Catholic version of me. :smiley:

She had great points I already brought up in social circles about race and acknowlegements.

Unfortuneately, her princess attitude and uptight defensiveness is very ignorant and paints her self righteous.

Distracted,
Wow you and I agree on something :D. Maybe we aren’t as different as I thought:p

Reading Ann Coulter’s books changed my life. I had no idea the lies that were being slung by the so-called press, the schools, even historians. But once you read her very detailed analyses of such icons as FDR and evolution, you will never see these things in the same light.

And it’s called ‘humor,’ even ‘hyperbole.’ It’s her style. She makes a point with it. There’s no use in feigning shock or saying that ‘good people don’t say such things.’

Personally I deeply respect Ann since her political and moral values are basically in tune with my own. Yep, I also like Rush, Glenn Beck and Huckabee a non-catholic for whom I hold deep respect. :thumbsup:
But then I also love Fox News since that station seems not at all biased against Catholics nor Catholicism as are so many of the other so-called news networks. :confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.