Ann Romney manhandles Mitt as he floats another White House run

From the Washington Times:
2012 GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney described his run last year as a “fabulous” experience , but asked whether he might do it again, his wife Ann took matters into her own hands.

“It was a fabulous experience, I loved it,” Mr. Romney said Friday on “CBS This Morning” when asked about another possible run.

Mrs. Romney was having none of it — and let the TV audience know her displeasure in dramatic fashion.

She grabbed his head and gently shook it no.

“I’m not doing that again,” he confirmed.
Good for you, Ann!

Indeed.

We need a new field of candidates, not retreads.

good, we don’t need another pro- abort running

Good for her! Let him enjoy his post-presidential run life with his children and grandchildren instead. I think the Republicans should take their chances with someone younger and more centre-right (as opposed to “centrist”) come 2016. :thumbsup:

Very silly comment. He wasn’t pro-abortion. Let’s stick the facts, please.

Ishii

He wasn’t considered Pro-Abortion when compared to Obama.

It’s fading, but if I remember right the story goes something like this:

• He was originally pro life
  • When he decided to run against Kennedy for Senate back in 1993, he determined that being pro-life would be politically untenable, so he adopted the “Well, I’m personally pro life, but…” position (like we see with so many Catholic politicians today)
  • He maintained that personally pro-life but publicly pro-abortion stand until he decided to run for President, then he abandoned the publicly pro-abortion stand [NB: he attributed that to decisions he had to make regarding legalizing embryonic stem cell research, but that was before the revelation of his initial 1993 flip/flop came out during the 2012 campaign…then he was silent on it]
  • Since he decided to run for President in 2005, he has been pro-life (not sure on whether he is pro-life to the point of rape, incest, and health of mother or not…)

But, really, folks, if he is politically retired, does it matter any more?

2012.republican-candidates.org/Romney/Abortion.php

1994 “Ms. Sally Jacobs: If abortion is morally wrong, aren’t you responsible for discouraging it?

Gov. Romney: One of the great things about our nation, Sally, is that we’re each entitled to have strong personal beliefs, and we encourage other people to do the same. But as a nation, we recognize the right of all people to believe as they want, and not to impose our beliefs on other people.

I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time that my mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a US Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years, that we should sustain and support it, and I sustain and support that law, and the right of a woman to make that choice. .

“I am pro-life. I believe that abortion is the wrong choice except in cases of incest, rape, and to save the life of the mother.”
July 26, 2005, Boston Globe, Why I vetoed contraception bill

Well, that is interesting. I also feel that we need new candidates. I am not saying that Mitt Romney was a bad candidate. I agreed with him on somethings and likely disagreed with him on other things. I don’t remember his stance on certain issues so I can’t speak of specifics.

That said, I believe that Hilary Clinton is supposed to run in the next presidential elections. That kind of scares me. I feel that she has a very good chance of winning and I am afraid that attacks on religious freedom and such like the HHS Mandate that President Obama is involved in will continue. Therefore, we need a very strong conservative candidate.

I wanted Rick Santorum to win the primary, but since he didn’t I voted for Romney only because it came down to him or Obama in the end. Romney only agreed with abortion in cases of rape and incest (about 1% or 2% of cases) while the other candidate was practically Planned Parenthood itself. I knew that the difference between Romney and Obama on abortion was real because Romney was hated by everyone who was fully Pro-Abortion. “And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?” (Matt. 12:26) So, I voted using the following principle:

“A particular problem of conscience can arise in cases where a legislative vote would be decisive for the passage of a more restrictive law, aimed at limiting the number of authorized abortions, in place of a more permissive law already passed or ready to be voted on. Such cases are not infrequent. It is a fact that while in some parts of the world there continue to be campaigns to introduce laws favouring abortion, often supported by powerful international organizations, in other nations-particularly those which have already experienced the bitter fruits of such permissive legislation-there are growing signs of a rethinking in this matter. In a case like the one just mentioned, when it is not possible to overturn or completely abrogate a pro-abortion law, an elected official, whose absolute personal opposition to procured abortion was well known, could licitly support proposals aimed at limiting the harm done by such a law and at lessening its negative consequences at the level of general opinion and public morality. This does not in fact represent an illicit cooperation with an unjust law, but rather a legitimate and proper attempt to limit its evil aspects.” - Evangelium Vitae, 73 (par. 3)

Kind of off topic, but I don’t know how such a classy woman like Ann Romney could fall for someone like Mitt Romney :rolleyes:

Happens all the time. Besides, Mitt’s a good husband by all account. Sometimes, that’s more important to a woman than political beliefs or positions. :smiley:

Not only off topic, but very insulting.

The milk of human kindness has gone somewhat sour it would seem. Why not deal with the politics of the man if you dislike them rather than make insults that touch both him and his spouse.

The only thing the left could criticize him for was that he was too successful. And who would want that kind of quality in a president? :rolleyes: Oh, and the other thing that the left considers an unforgivable sin is that he had the audacity to run against their dear leader Obama.

I don’t think it is insulting, but I think there is a simple answer: money causes people to overlook a multitude of sins.

Ah, how does any woman fall for any man? God only knows what my wife sees in me.

Oh,come on,now that is insulting and presumptuous…

Please keep the posts charitable

That may be true - but to impute that motive to Ann Romney is indeed insulting and presumptuous. But snarky posts are what I’ve come to expect from some. Perhaps Ann fell for Mitt because she saw that he would be a good father - he did end up having five sons, didn’t he? And by all accounts has been a good father.

Ishii

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.