Anne Rice, before and after

Anne Rice? better before or after?

I liked the Vampire chronicles, esp the original “Interview” and I also liked the Film version of it.

Even so, sort of glad it ended(At least for now)… and then she departed compleatly from genre and did something entirly diffrent which I have yet to read, but really want to.

is it good a book “Out Of egypt”?

I thought it was very well done. The storytelling style is as good as in any of her other books.

There is a great deal of speculation in the book as to what Jesus’s young life might have looked like, and it certainly can’t be taken as “truth”, but as a work of historical fiction I thought it was well done.

I read it, and I must say that I enjoyed it. I was a big fan of her earlier vampire books (I stopped following them after three or four) but have always liked her writing. Reading the author’s notes, after being married to an atheist for several years, she re-connected with her Catholic faith after his death and studied all that she could concerning Jesus and the Jewish culture in His time. Some of the early speculation about Jesus’ life was taken from the Gnostic Gospels, so some of it may be far out there for some, and you definitely can’t count on it as pure fact. But, she does effectively capture the feel of the day. I look forward to the next books in the series.

Reading Ann Rice

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I read all her books, up until the last couple years before this one, and it was definitely as good of writing as her old stuff. As previously mentioned, it is based on Gnostic works, so you have to remember not to read too much into it, but it is a great story, and has some good jumping-off points to ponder. I hope she does more just like it, about the early Church and some of the Fathers and martyrs.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.