Annihilation of the damned...continued

jewishnotgreek.com/pinnockarticle.pdf

:coffeeread:

What is it?

This can be ignored, as it flies in the face of established Church teaching.

ICXC NIKA

Isaiah 66:24
Malachi chapter 4

I think Christians who believe in everlasting torture of the damned should reflect on these questions of the author:

“How can Christians possibly project a deity of such cruelty and vindictiveness whose ways include inflicting everlasting torture upon His creatures, however sinful they may have been? Surely a God who would do such a thing is more nearly like Satan than like God, at least by any ordinary moral standards, and by the gospel itself. How can we possibly preach that God has so arranged things that a number of his creatures (perhaps a large number predestined to that fate) will undergo (in a state of complete consciousness) physical and mental agony through unending time?”

A THOUSAND APOLOGIES FOR THIS THREAD. I hope the moderators will delete this thread. Going to confession tomorrow. If any of you have been praying for me, thanks…a million! God bless.

Moderators seem to tolerate quite a bit. They even tolerate me .

Of course I pray for you, and everyone on this forum. Confession is always good thing for all of us.

**Matthew 25:41
**“Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels”

**Matthew 25:46
**“And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Mark 9:42 -48
“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung round his neck and he were thrown into the sea. … it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, 48 where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.”

God does not predestine anyone into hell. God arranged things so we could go not to hell, but to heaven.

God wills that everyone be saved. No one is forced into hell. All who go there make a profound choice to REJECT God’s will and to be in hell. Their choice is everlasting. Those in hell do not want to be merciful, forgiving, loving, humble, etc. Hell’s doors are locked, but they are locked from the inside.

People today seem to wrongly think that suffering is the worst thing. This is not true. Sin is the worst thing. We need saved from sin more than we need saved from suffering.

God does not make mistakes. He has no need to undo, annihilate, His creation.

Perhaps it is better to suffer in hell than not to exist at all. Don’t those in hell manifest the glory of God in some small way ? (Not withstanding a literal reading of Matthew 26:24, (cf. Mark 14:21) , but this seems to me to be spoken more for dramatic effect.
**Matthew 26:24
** “… but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed. It would be better for that man if he had never been born.” )

Suffering connected to God’s grace is actually a very beautiful thing. See

defendingthebride.com/ss/lastchr.html#love4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.